refresh a scanned resource

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:49 PM

I use Sermon File function in Libronix frequently and constantly add illustrations, etc. I used a scan C:\Users\username\Documents\Libronix Resources command to get the resource show up in L4, but now it is not reflecting recent changes.

I have closed and reopened L4 numerous times.  What do I need to do to get a fresh version of my "illustrations" book in Logos4?

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 8:03 PM

I don't know for sure as I don't have the Sermon File Addin or Libronix on my computer right now. Try rebooting and reopening Logos 4. Someone recently said that was the only way they could get the Scan command to work for them. (Not that it should be necessary.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27420
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 9:05 PM

toughski:
I have closed and reopened L4 numerous times.  What do I need to do to get a fresh version of my "illustrations" book in Logos4?

It is necessary to restart L4 after issuing the scan command. however,

• Hide the resource in L4
  • restart L4
  • unhide the resource
  • restart L4
  • if that doesn't do the trick, try the scan command

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 12:32 AM

Dave, thank you.  What you suggested did the trick.  I did not have to "scan" the second time.

By the way, does L4 "remember" scan command for each start-up? or do I need to run it again, if I add more resources to that directory?

Posts 27420
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 2:04 AM

toughski:
By the way, does L4 "remember" scan command for each start-up?

No. It is performed once and Logos will then wait for another command; the need to restart is just the way that scan works (I'm not sure what happens if you enter two scan commands before the restart...).

The hide/unhide sequence works because Logos will delete the resource and then (with unhide) try to replace the resource from its server OR from resource locations used by Libronix.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS