Freezing when using Hebrew

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Stephen Baum | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 22 2011 2:11 PM

I've been having issues with Logos freezing on me when using Hebrew. I have a window with ESV, Hebrew Bible, BDB, and Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear tabs open and the information window. From time to time as I hover over a word to get the grammatical info, the whole program freezes. 

FYI, I am running on MacBook Pro (Apr 2011 release) with Intel Core i7 and 4GB RAM. Shouldn't have any problem with processing power.

This happening to anyone else?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:24 PM

Welcome Big Smile

Curious about Logos 4 Mac and OS X versions ?

Also wonder about hard drive speed since Apple default is 5400 RPM ?  When hover over a word, Logos 4 may need to read grammatical info from disk so program "freezes" while waiting for disk (especially if Time Machine backup also in progress at same time).

Mac Sales offers Do It Yourself (DIY) upgrades => http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/2.5-Notebook/SATA/DIY/

Upgrading to 7200 RPM drive can noticeably improve performance (up to 30 % faster) in many applications.  Upgrading to Solid State Disk (SSD) has faster performance, albeit SSD currently costs more per GB of storage.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS