Where are the data files for L4 Mac stored?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 52
RPW | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 24 2011 9:12 PM

Simple question having just moved from a PC to a MBP.

Thanks,

Ron

Posts 30056
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 9:50 PM

Ron - What specifically are you trying to do? Also, what MBP & OS do you have?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 10:52 PM

Ron Washington:
Simple question having just moved from a PC to a MBP.

Wiki Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs => Copy Logos 4 Resources to Mac OS X includes Logos 4 resource folder paths.

Edit: wiki Logos 4 Mac => Mini FAQ includes:

New to Mac OS X?

Apple has Mac OS X Applications and Utilities plus hundreds of How-To Tutorials. Apple Support includes Mac 101Switch 101 and Keyboard shortcuts. For OS X Lion, Apple Support includes Recovery (with how to install on a new drive)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 52
RPW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:26 PM

Thanks, gentlemen,

What I suspected appears to be true. I put an SSD in the main bay of my 15" early 2011 MBP and moved the HD it came with into the optical bay. When I moved my home folder to the HD (I am planning to use it to store my data and the SSD for programs) apparently the folder containing my resources was also moved to the HD. Therefore they move at the speed of a 5400 rpm HD instead of the SSD. How do I rectify the situation and get all of L4 Mac on my SSD?

Thanks, again,

RP

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:44 PM

Please read forum thread => Install on SSD that includes discussion of various technical options.

Personally planning upgrade to OS X Lion on my iMac, which will include a Logos partition on the fastest 5 % of hard drive along with a symbolic link from my Library / Application Support to a Logos 4 folder in my Logos partition for use with Logos 4 Beta releases on Mac (also know to not rename Logos partition after creating link since link include partition name).

Note: during Logos 4 Mac alpha pre-releases, used hdiutil to mount a disk image for Logos 4 use, which was helpful for many crash sessions.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS