Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:03 PM

After downloading the two most recent betas of Proclaim, I've been having problems with Proclaim max-ing out my computer memory.  I have a 5 month old MBP (2 GHz i7 with 4GB of 1333 MHZ DDRR3 memory running Lion 10.7.2).

Basically when I open up Proclaim and started moving through my worship sequence, I'll click on a song and Proclaim will suddenly snag a 1 GH of memory and leave me stuck waiting for 5 min until I can force quit Proclaim.  This seems to be the case, even when Proclaim is running without any other active application.

I never had any problems like this with any of the earlier betas, and I don't think it happens in Windows.  (I'll have to test this...)

Has anyone else had a similar experience on a  Mac?

Thanks.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 9:21 AM

There have been some issues with memory leaking from the application. We have committed some fixes for these. 

Are you still having the same troubles after updating to Version 1? 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 12:22 PM

Hunter,

After installing v1.00, the worst of the memory problems seem to have decreased.  I will do so more testing through normal and see if they have continued, and to what extent.

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:17 AM

Hunter,

The memory "max-ing" out problem still remains.  In fact, it basically locked up Proclaim and them it crashed!  This was on my 2-3 year old iMac with 4 GB.

658350.Proclaim.log

Just so you know, I am using HD "motions" (16x9) as backgrounds.  Didn't know if that would be a factor.

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

The memory "max-ing" out problem still remains.  In fact, it basically locked up Proclaim and them it crashed!  This was on my 2-3 year old iMac with 4 GB.

658350.Proclaim.log

Just so you know, I am using HD "motions" (16x9) as backgrounds.  Didn't know if that would be a factor.

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89

Hunter,

658350.Proclaim.log

Marc

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:19 AM

Pls. delete all the accidental reposts.  Sorry about that.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:58 AM

Marc Rickabaugh:

Pls. delete all the accidental reposts.  Sorry about that.

It's not your fault.  See Forum Posting => Error 

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 9:26 AM

:-)  Thanks for the info.  It made me look an internet novice.  I even tried to delete them, but it didn't work. 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 10:45 AM

Thanks for your help with this, Marc! I have submitted your information to our developers for review.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 85
Jeffrey Mashaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:45 PM

Marc Rickabaugh:

658350.Proclaim.log

I think I am having the same, or a similar problem. I have 3 HD motion backgrounds uploaded and selected in a decent sized presentation, and I have had this program crash on me 5 times at least all in the same way. I am simply trying to navigate around within a song or between 2 different songs, then Proclaim tries to re-render the preview frames, then it freezes and crashes. When I looked at my Activity Monitor Proclaim had used up all 1.3gb of the free ram.

I was hoping to use this Sunday, help!

3652.Proclaim_Crash.txt

3051.Proclaim.log

Macbook Pro  |  OSX 10.6.8  |  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 |  4 GB Ram  |  320 GB HDD

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 11:00 AM

We have a significant memory leak for Mac fix slated to release Monday. Sorry it's not in time for this Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS