The mystery of the lost books.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 166
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:37 AM

Okay, I got a new laptop, and moved Logos 4 to this new machine. Everything went smooth... except my library has lost 2 books.

How do I find out what's missing? I called support, but the best they could suggest is to print the whole library out and eyeball, in this case, almost 3,000 books in a paper bibliography. 

Anybody have a quicker way to figure this out or compare them?

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:00 PM

Todd had a quick way to determine this but I'm not finding the most recent thread where he explained it.  A good guess would be that missing resources are old L3 "resource manuals".  My laptop and desktop resource count is off by 6 and every one of them are Libronix manuals/guides.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:05 PM

David, if you can network the two computers together, you can Scan the old Resources folder from your new Logos installation. That will bring in any resources that are missing on your new installation. The directions for the Scan command are found here: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Commands Note that you must close and reopen Logos 4 for the command to execute once you give it.

Otherwise a utility to compare folders would be the next best thing. Beyond Compare is available for a 30 day free trial. You'll need to have both folders available over a network.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 1:21 PM

Paul Newsome:

Todd had a quick way to determine this but I'm not finding the most recent thread where he explained it.  A good guess would be that missing resources are old L3 "resource manuals".  My laptop and desktop resource count is off by 6 and every one of them are Libronix manuals/guides.

Not me.  I have, in the past, pointed to a post by Dominick Sela where he recommends Beyond Compare: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/31543/234461.aspx#234461

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 1:34 PM

Here's the thread, David, that I was referring to.

Todd, Kevin; Kevin, Todd.

You both do an equally commendable job at explaining these intricacies. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS