Forum will not accept log files

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10633
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:15 AM

I have made repeated attempts to attach log files to a post in this forum, but the forum software refuses to accept either log files or compressed zip files. this has occurred in bot Safari and FireFox. What do I do now?

Alpha 2 appears completely broken on my machine

Jack

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:19 AM

Jack,

Have you tried using the media icon...

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:31 AM

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 10633
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:38 AM

Damian & Thomas

I appreciate your attempts to help, but I have done that. I have successfully attached files in the past.

When I click the insert button, I get 1 of three responses: 1) Nothing happens, 2) I get an error message, or 3) everything looks normal but the files do not appear in the message. Just tried twice to insert a file into this post. I got response #3 both times.

Jack

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:49 AM

Jack,

Surely it's a forum bug.  I had it happen to me the other day, but I can't remember anything else about it.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 10633
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:56 AM

I just had one of those "Aha!" moments. The Indexer log is empty. Apparently, the forum software will not accept an empty file, even if it is part of a compressed archive. Secondly, I needed to compress the Logos4 log file before the forum will accept the attachment.

A-2 Appears completely broken on my machine. I will attempt a complete uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps. 

Jack

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS