Can I specify which note file highlights are sent to?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 22 2012 2:40 PM | Locked

Apologies, I realise this is a really basic question, but I am new to 4.5.

I have note the changes to notes, but am struggling to suss out highlighting. I understand that highlighting has been merged with notes (as evidenced by the note file highlighter pens).

I was wondering, however, whether I am able to control where the highlighter 'notes' are sent when highlighting from the highlighting tool? Whenever I add a highlight, it always ends up in the file, 'highlighter pens'?

I also note that notes made to a selection (rather than a reference) appear to offer me all of the palettes and styles available through highlighting. Given this, I am struggling to understand the need for a dedicated highlighting tool. I fully expect I have missed something blindingly obvious and would be grateful for any insight you are able to provide.

I have read the release notes and have discovered a few threads which address notes, but have been unable to find anything specific enough to help resolve the query.

Andy

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Andy Evans:
I was wondering, however, whether I am able to control where the highlighter 'notes' are sent when highlighting from the highlighting tool?

Yes! On the right hand side of the pallet name (see screen shot below), you can open a drop down menu. At the bottom of this menu is a "save in" dialogue. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Andy,

This is controlled on the palette menu of each palette. Open the Highlighting panel and hover over the Highlighter Pens line. A small blue circle with an arrow will appear to the right. Click on that and go to the bottom where it says 'Save in'. Specify the note file you want it's highlights to be directed to.

EDIT: Justin got here with pictures before me. Nice.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 11:22 PM | Locked

alabama24:

Yes! On the right hand side of the pallet name (see screen shot below), you can open a drop down menu. At the bottom of this menu is a "save in" dialogue. 

D'oh! Not sure how I missed that, thanks Alabama and thank you, Mark.

Given this, is there any distinction (practically speaking) between highlighting and notes (save it is possible to create notes not attached to the text)? I presume a highlight (which is then annotated with a note) and a note behaves in the same way? 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 11:42 PM | Locked

Andy Evans:
Given this, is there any distinction (practically speaking) between highlighting and notes (save it is possible to create notes not attached to the text)? I presume a highlight (which is then annotated with a note) and a note behaves in the same way? 

Every Logos 4.5 highlight is a by reference note whose title can be modified plus add content; screen shot in reply => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/36830/328666.aspx#328666

Also have option to change highlighting style for for selected text in a resource.

Personally learned can use note file(s) to find errant highlighting and easily delete my highlighting miscues by deleting note file entry.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 11:47 PM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Every Logos 4.5 highlight is a by reference note whose title can be modified plus add content; screen shot in reply => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/36830/328666.aspx#328666

Also have option to change highlighting style for for selected text in a resource.

Personally learned can use note file(s) to find errant highlighting and easily delete my highlighting miscues by deleting note file entry.

Thanks, KS4J, that is very helpful. I think I will need to play around with notes and highlighting a little more because it still feels quite vague.

I very much appreciate the kind assistance.

Andy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS