How to move "resources" folder to another disc?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Jay Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 4:25 PM

Is there any way to relocate the "Resources" folder (or the entire "ResourceManager" folder) to somewhere else? I just bought a small SSD for my boot drive and I would like to keep all big app data folders in another HDD drives.

Posts 26586
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 4:47 PM

Welcome, Jay

I would recommend a custom installation onto the SSD/HDD drive. There is a quick method to avoid re-downloading and re-indexing  --> http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers#Method_2

• rename your current \Logos4 folder e.g. to \BackupL4
  • uninstall Logos 4 (not PreRequisites) from Programs and Features in Control Panel.
  • install as per Method 2 using the backup from the first step

The wiki has the location of Logos 4 folders (please read the caveat at the beginning, but be assured that I have used it successfully a number of times).

EDIT: I would recommend keeping Logos on the SSD rather than moving to HDD as you will really appreciate the speed.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3
Jay Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:12 PM

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I see how to custom install entire L4 onto a non-standard location. However, I felt that I should be able to keep all programs, database, dll's and so on in the SSD if I can store the resource and index files away, for the performance benefit. Can I do that somehow? I remember moving around the resource folder in Logos 3 many times, for other reasons then.

Posts 3
Jay Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:15 PM

I just made this work. I used the junction program mentioned in this wiki and created a junction of "Resources" to the folder where I moved all the resource files. This works well. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS