Search for Liquid Verbs

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:46 PM

Is there a way to do a search for occurrences of Greek liquid verbs? I have been searching through syntax search and wondering if perhaps there may be a way to do so.

In addition, do you know where to find a list of all possible morphological acronyms within the help?  (@????)

Thanks!

Blessings,

Chris

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:07 PM

Chris,

I don't have an answer to the first question.

A list of the morphological codes used in the various morphological editions can be found here: http://wiki.logos.com/Morphology_Codes It is not in the Help. (The wiki is for most purposes a better Help.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:24 PM

chartman:
Is there a way to do a search for occurrences of Greek liquid verbs?

Yes, suggest a Morph Search for:

lemma:*λω,lemma:*μω,lemma:*νω,lemma:*ρω

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:59 PM

Thank you Mark. That appears to be a comprehensive list.

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 2:04 PM

Thank you! This is an insightful way to think about it.

Do you know where I could find a list of terminology descriptions within the wiki that provides the various array of available keywords to use? In the above example: lemma: was used. Are there more? I've seen the search convert what I am searching for into various long strings of keywords and I am wondering if there is a page that describes these individual word possibilities.

Thanks again! Big Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 3:21 PM

chartman:
Do you know where I could find a list of terminology descriptions within the wiki that provides the various array of available keywords to use?

Wiki Getting Started with Logos => Search section has tips and links, including => Search help and => Detailed Search Help that includes Searching for Bible Verses and other References 

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS