Personal Books on 2nd Computer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Ralph Sorter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:43 PM

I have Logos on both my desktop and laptop computers.  I created several personal books on my desktop computer.  When I go into Logos on my laptop I can view my personal books, but I can’t open them.  When are you going to fix the programming so that we can open our personal books on other computers?

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:48 PM

Ralph, the roll-out today of Logos 4.5 was a part of this process. The new synching employed in 4.5 was needed to allow sharing of personal books. Beyond knowing that I do not know more about the time table for this. More is involved than just a 'fix'.

The temporary fix is to create the same PBs on each computer on which you have Logos. That's a bit tedious, but is what we can do right now.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:52 PM

In case you didn't see it, Bob Pritchett explained what Logos is planning here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/36273.aspx?PageIndex=1  This is the most recent information I know of on this issue.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:56 PM

Mark Smith:
The temporary fix is to create the same PBs on each computer on which you have Logos. That's a bit tedious, but is what we can do right now.

At present, you have to manually copy the .docx file from one computer to the other and rebuild it on the second computer. But in the future there will be some sort of solution that will allow sharing your PBs not only among your different computers but also with other users. That will be coming in a later release, the timing of which is unknown.

Posts 5
Ralph Sorter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 10:08 PM

Thank you Mark & Rosie.  It took me nearly a week to build all the personal books because each book has many files from separate Word documents.  To do it all over again on the laptop would take the same amount of time.  Though I want to have those resources available on the 2nd computer, spending that much time building them again is most likely not going to happen any time soon.  The new programming changes will be a very welcomed addition when that happens!

Peace you you both!

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 10:20 PM

An upcoming version of Logos 4 will sync your personal books between computers; it will also allow personal books to be synced to mobile devices. We plan to release this in conjunction with a Personal Book Store (see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/36273/272533.aspx#272533 for more details).

I don't have an estimated date for this right now, but it is high on our priority list of features to develop. I apologise for the inconvenience of having to (re)build your books on every computer until this feature is released.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 10:26 PM

Ralph Sorter:
To do it all over again on the laptop would take the same amount of time.

Option: after sync is up to date, on the laptop computer, scan the *.lbspbb files on your desktop (could use a network share so laptop scan command can read and copy *.lbspbb files from desktop).  After entering scan <path\to\files> command, restart Logos 4 to initiate scan of resources in specified path.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS