Sorting Notes in Logos 4.5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 675
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:43 PM

Is it possible to create a note that is not connected to any Logos resource and have that note appear at the top of a note file?

For example I have a note file for Luke. I have some notes that are copied from outside Luke and serve as a set of introductory notes so I'd like them to logically appear at the top of the Luke note file.

If I don't create the note from a Bible text, then it has no "reference" so when I sort by reference, Logos puts the notes that are not linked to internal resources after the ones that are. Sorting by title doesn't work because the titles are various texts and bear no relationship to the flow of Luke.

Any thoughts other than creating new notes connected to Luke 1:1 and copying the existing notes to them?

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:01 PM

You can sort your notes in a file by "date added" if you are running 4.5. You can also manually move a note up or down as you see fit

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:01 PM

Jim:
Any thoughts other than creating new notes connected to Luke 1:1 and copying the existing notes to them?

One option is to pick a Bible and attach the note to the title by select and attach to "selection" (not reference). Although the selection would only appear in one Bible, the note would be sorted to the top.

If that's too inelegant, "drag and drop" also works.to put notes where you want them in the file.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 675
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:32 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
attach the note to the title by select and attach to "selection" (not reference).

Richard, I like that idea. I does mean that I'll have to recreate some of my existing notes, but your suggestion seems to be a very good solution. Thanks.

The problem I was having with manually moving the notes, is that all notes were added to the end of the file so I had to use "sort" to organize them. However I just noticed that the notes are now added in reference order so that won't be so much of an issue.

Have a great day,
jmac

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS