Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 17
Joseph | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 28 2012 8:59 PM

I need to know how to completely remove, or hide, books from my iPhone/iPad library.  I have too many foreign language books I cannot even read that keep showing up in my Bible searches.  I only have four Bibles I typically use when comparing verses and do not want my whole library showing up in the search.  Thank you, Joseph

Posts 1417
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:01 PM

You can do it only through desktop and then it will hide on iPhone 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:08 PM

Slava Novik:

I am not sure if this is true. I thought this was the case, but my "hidden resources" still show up. It may be an area that hasn't migrated to the new sync v2, but I have not asked the developers that yet.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17
Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:10 PM

I've tried hiding it on my desktop, but the resources still show up on my mobile devices.  Not sure if it's a syncing with their servers issue or what it might be. 

Posts 76
Greg M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 5:36 PM

Slava Novik:

I can verify that this doesn't work.

Posts 17
Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 10:40 AM

I think I found where some of the books are from on my iPad/iPhone.  I accessed that free biblia.com website and it added some extra books.  Is there a way to get rid of the extra books on this site, or do I need to deactivate that account all together?

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 11:10 AM

Joseph:
I think I found where some of the books are from on my iPad/iPhone.  I accessed that free biblia.com website and it added some extra books.  Is there a way to get rid of the extra books on this site, or do I need to deactivate that account all together?

Biblia.com does not "create an account," it uses the one you already have. Logos does provide users of both biblia.com & the mobile app with some free resources. There is no way to remove these from your library. NOTE: the free books are only viewable from either the mobile app and/or biblia.com. You can't view them in L4 unless you own the resource. 

Posts 17
Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:28 PM

Does anybody know how to close biblia.com in order to remove the extra resources from my iPhone/iPad?

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:55 PM

Joseph:

Does anybody know how to close biblia.com in order to remove the extra resources from my iPhone/iPad?

Sorry Joseph if I did not make myself clear. Both the mobile app & biblia.com come with some free resources. There are not any licenses added to you account, and you cannot remove the resources from either biblia.com or the mobile app.

Posts 17
Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:11 PM

No problem.  Do you know if Logos is working on a way to remove the extra books?  They keep showing up in my searches along with the books of the apocrypha.

Thank you for your help!

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:33 PM

Joseph:
Do you know if Logos is working on a way to remove the extra books?

I don't believe they have any intentions of removing them. They are there so that anyone can have access to some resources. Perhaps you can give an example of a search you are doing and we might be able to assist you further. 

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:34 PM

What resources do you own, by the way? Do you just have individual purchases, or do you own a base package?

Posts 17
Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:40 PM

I have the Leader's Library for Mac.  It's mainly when I am searching for a verse on the home screen of my iPad or iPhone it has all the apocrypha books available and it's kinda confusing.  Also, when I do a search for a word or a verse, I get search results from Bibles of languages I do not know or understand.  Thanks for your help.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:55 PM

Joseph:
when I am searching for a verse on the home screen of my iPad or iPhone it has all the apocrypha books available and it's kinda confusing.

There has been many discussions about that, but at this point it looks like that will stay. Logos caters to a diverse group which includes those who use the apocryphal books.

Joseph:
when I do a search for a word or a verse, I get search results from Bibles of languages I do not know or understand

Hey, I am with you. It's all Greek to me. Tongue Tied

The Leader's Library has some Original Language resources, but not many. Out of curiosity, did you order the Perseus collection? If so, did you order the whole thing or just parts? Which ones?

I don't have my iPad handy right now, but I am guessing that you could do a search using filter syntax to weed out the greek. Perhaps someone will know the syntax off the top of their head before I get a chance to look it up. [You might check the WIKI. I would do it, but its getting late Smile]

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 11:28 PM

Joseph:

I have the Leader's Library for Mac.  It's mainly when I am searching for a verse on the home screen of my iPad or iPhone it has all the apocrypha books available and it's kinda confusing.  Also, when I do a search for a word or a verse, I get search results from Bibles of languages I do not know or understand.  Thanks for your help.

Curious about verse and word searches ?

One option for resources that are not useful is hiding them in Logos 4; wiki has => Hiding Books

Concur with Alabama24 that archiving better describes what hiding resources does.

Also wonder if have signed into Biblia.com and Logos app with your Logos.com account ? (may affect resource list in library)

alabama24:

Joseph:
when I do a search for a word or a verse, I get search results from Bibles of languages I do not know or understand

Hey, I am with you. It's all Greek to me. Tongue Tied

If learn some Greek, the phrase "It's Greek to me." takes on new meaning, especially for parts of the Greek New Testament.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:13 AM

New vyrso update gives option under info of Remove book from this device.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:46 AM

nicky crane:

New vyrso update gives option under info of Remove book from this device.

Nicky - if you are referring to the "remove" button as shown in the following screen shot, "remove" means to "delete the resource from offline viewing." The book is still available in the library while online.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:15 AM

Thanks, I was referring to that.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:50 AM

ok. I just didn't want to confuse anyone. The OP was about getting rid of books completely (even online).

Posts 1
Heidi Pdot | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:27 AM

I vote that Logos really needs to give mobile users the option to display only specifically desired books in library. It is a thorn in my side to have to scroll through all of them to find what I am looking for. The library window would fit all 4 or 5 books I desire without scrolling otherwise

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS