C. I. Scofield Collection nearing 100%

Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 6:55 AM

That happened suddenly! I'm still in at $20. Great timing too, we've got a whole week to get it down to $15. Think it can be done?

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 7:30 AM

DAL:

Wow! So unexpected I had canceled my bid and now I'm in again at $20.  I think this will make it to $15 or even lower.

DAL

And that in a nutshell is why community pricing is not working as it should

Posts 8328
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:24 AM

Mike Pettit:

DAL:

Wow! So unexpected I had canceled my bid and now I'm in again at $20.  I think this will make it to $15 or even lower.

DAL

I hate do disagree with your opinion Mike, but that maybe 1 factor among many why community pricing doesn't work, but not the only factor.  For example Barne's notes were sitting in community pricing for almost 5 years and even though I had seen it, I had not bothered to put a bid on it because I have it available in various formats (even PBB Libronix), but when I saw that "all of the sudden" it was about to close at $30 I jumped in and now own it in L4 format.  So would me making a bid earlier and then cancelling it and then placing it again have made a difference, I don't think so.  But anyway, like I said it's your opinion and every body is entitle to theirs.

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:30 AM

DAL:

Mike Pettit:

DAL:

DAL

I hate do disagree with your opinion Mike, but that maybe 1 factor among many why community pricing doesn't work, but not the only factor.  For example Barne's notes were sitting in community pricing for almost 5 years and even though I had seen it, I had not bothered to put a bid on it because I have it available in various formats (even PBB Libronix), but when I saw that "all of the sudden" it was about to close at $30 I jumped in and now own it in L4 format.  So would me making a bid earlier and then cancelling it and then placing it again have made a difference, I don't think so.  But anyway, like I said it's your opinion and every body is entitle to theirs.

Blessings!

DAL

And that in my nuts shell is why arguments gets started in the famous Logos forum! ROFLMFAO!!! Devil or Angel ah, yes: Drinks

Are you feeling lucky today punks?

Giovanni

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:41 AM

Giovanni Baggio:

DAL:

Mike Pettit:

DAL:

DAL

Blessings!

DAL

And that in my nuts shell is why arguments gets started in the famous Logos forum! ROFLMFAO!!! Devil or Angel ah, yes: Drinks

Are you feeling lucky today punks?

Giovanni

And DAL's reponse is the perfect example of how online arguments can be either avoided or channelled in a profitable direction.

I doff my cap to you Mr DAL.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 10:34 AM

$20, well I guess thats not to bad about UKP 13,00

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 11:26 AM

DominicM:

$20, well I guess thats not to bad about UKP 13,00

Looking at => http://www.logos.com/product/16396/c-i-scofield-collection noticing $ 20 dot has moved up a bit, which also raises $ 15 dot.  With lots more bids, have potential to drop price to $ 15 (or lower) for every community bidder.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 3:47 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Looking at => http://www.logos.com/product/16396/c-i-scofield-collection noticing $ 20 dot has moved up a bit, which also raises $ 15 dot.  With lots more bids, have potential to drop price to $ 15 (or lower) for every community bidder.

In fact, the first dot is almost completely above the line now. I'm fairly confident with progress like this that $15 will be the final price. That's one dollar per resource.

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 3:51 PM

Joshua G:
I'm fairly confident with progress like this that $15 will be the final price.
Wake me when it reaches 15 cents.

~

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 4:08 PM

Abi Gail:

Wake me when it reaches 15 cents.

Many people would tell you that disagreeing with Scofield's conclusions is actually a good reason to buy this bundle. I certainly don't agree with a number of things he taught (e.g. gap theory). It also must be noted that the historical significance of his writings is huge - especially concerning American Protestant Christianity.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 6:36 PM

Mike Pettit:
I don't get what is not working in this scenario. We are getting a collection for about a dollar per book. That is much cheaper than what we would pay had it started in Pre-Pub. This specific case is a perfect example of Community Pricing actually working well. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 10:48 PM

Super Tramp:

Mike Pettit:
I don't get what is not working in this scenario. We are getting a collection for about a dollar per book. That is much cheaper than what we would pay had it started in Pre-Pub. This specific case is a perfect example of Community Pricing actually working well. 

Mike was commenting on how DAL had placed a bid early on but when this collection stalled at 40% a couple weeks ago decided to pull the bid. DAL only recently placed a new bid since the collection was now over the top. Mike is assuming that DAL was not the only person to do this and probably believes that it is people with these types of bidding habits that hinder the progress of many collections. If people did not wait until a CP collection was near 100% to bid, it is likely that many CP collections would go over the top quicker.

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 4:52 AM

Joshua G:

Super Tramp:

Mike Pettit:

Mike was commenting on how DAL had placed a bid early on but when this collection stalled at 40% a couple weeks ago decided to pull the bid. DAL only recently placed a new bid since the collection was now over the top. Mike is assuming that DAL was not the only person to do this and probably believes that it is people with these types of bidding habits that hinder the progress of many collections. If people did not wait until a CP collection was near 100% to bid, it is likely that many CP collections would go over the top quicker.

Indeed, it works when people bid what they are willing to pay before it reaches 100%

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:44 PM

Looks like we're about 60% of the way to $15. I think it can be done, but it's gonna be tight!

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:20 PM

mitchellisdumb:
60% of the way to $15. I think it can be done, but it's gonna be tight!

Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:48 AM

BillS:

mitchellisdumb:

Yes

It may not be that tight, what we need is more people to bid.  I am bidding to buy the reference bible (to see for my self the notes that took the place of scripture in the PB church I was raised in.  I also think that it will be nice to read "Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth" . 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 9:46 AM

Tom Rach:

BillS:

mitchellisdumb:

Yes

It may not be that tight,

Great!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 5:45 AM

Only one day left.  

This is so close to 15 dollars.Yes  

It will be a shame if some one misses out on this community pricing item.  

Twenty is Great, fifteen would be fantastic.

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 9:48 AM

Tom Rach:

This is so close to 15 dollars.  

It will be a shame if some one misses out on this community pricing item.

Twenty is Great, fifteen would be fantastic.

Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 2:35 AM

The 15 dollar dot is touching the line. We just need a few more bidders to bid at 15. Remember it just needs to reach half way past the line to register.

---------->CLICK HERE TO BID<---------------

Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS