Q: Can I Link Resources at "Open"?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:30 AM

I searched the forums and can't seem to find an answer, so I hope this hasn't been asked a million times already,.

What I am wondering is if it is possible to link resources together at OPEN.  In other words, I would like to Link my Thematic Bible:  Passage Register to open when I open the Thematic Bible:  Topical Analysis.

I also have the AMG Word Study dictionary and Bible that I would love to open together too.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:38 AM

Hi Cynthia

You can't do what you want to do at the resource level - in other words, you can't say that I want one resource to open when I open another.

You can get what you want by using Layouts.

Here you define a "layout" on your screen showing the resources you want included in that layout and which of them you want to be linked. Then instead of opening the resource, you open the layout and it should give you what you want. To streamline this, you can set up shortcuts to open layouts.

For details on setting up and using Layouts please see the article at http://wiki.logos.com/Layouts__

If this doesn't give you what you need, please post back.

Graham

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:45 AM

Happy Sunday Graham!

Thanks for your response.  Fortunately, I have discovered layouts and they have been fantastic, but often times I really don't need a full layout as much as certain resources to open when others open.  For now, I guess the go around would be layouts.  Hopefully they will consider this in the future!

Blessings!

Cynthia

Cynthia

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:01 AM

Hi Cynthia - and a happy Sunday to you. Thank you!

One thing you might want to look at is putting the resources you want together into a folder in Favorites and then dragging the folder to a pane. This option is discussed in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26704.aspx.

You don't get the linkages automatically this way but you do get the resources opening together.

Graham

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:16 AM

Graham!  THANKS!  That's a much better option and fits my needs!  Perfecto!

Cynthia

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:43 AM

Excellent!

Glad it gave you what you needed.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS