Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 234
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 7 2012 2:17 PM

I have noticed that if I have two panels open in the reading view and my resources are linked, if I happen to open another Bible resource it changes the location of the original resource to that of the newly opened resource. So, for example, if I have the LEB to John 1:1 with NICNT commentary in the linked panel and then open the Greek SBL to replace the NICNT and if the Greek SBL was last opened to Matthew 1:1, it changes my LEB John 1:1 to Matthew 1:1. I would really think you want the linked resource to go to the location of the currently opened resource. Thanks.

Dave

Posts 132
Bill Stevener | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 4:42 AM

Sorry to butt in, but are you doing this on an iPad? I didn't know you could link resources on an iPad, can we? How?

Thanks,

Bill

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 4:53 AM

Bill Stevener:
I didn't know you could link resources on an iPad, can we? How?

Press and hold on semi-circle at the edge of the dividing line between the two open resources.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 132
Bill Stevener | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 7:09 AM

Thaks... I just tried it and it worked (of course!)... That's something I never would have thought to do!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:49 AM

Mark Barnes:
Press and hold on semi-circle at the edge of the dividing line between the two open resources.

Peace, Mark!                      and                    Always Joy in the Lord!           *smile*

Incredible!  Awesome, indeed!  Where on earth did you find that out??  Thank you!                                                               

Ephesians 4:11-14

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 7
Chauncey Allmond | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:50 PM

Mark, I too struggled with this linked panels issue just this Sunday at church!  I'm with Milford, how did you ever figure this out?  Is there some handbook I'm missing?  Smile

Posts 30690
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 2:00 PM

Joe Allmond:
Is there some handbook I'm missing?

No, but I have been told that official videos will be forthcoming at some point.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 2:06 PM

Joe Allmond:
Mark, I too struggled with this linked panels issue just this Sunday at church!  I'm with Milford, how did you ever figure this out?  Is there some handbook I'm missing?

I used the "try all the menus and if that doesn't work, press and hold or swipe everywhere and see what happens" technique!

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 30690
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 3:08 PM

Mark Barnes:
I used the "try all the menus and if that doesn't work, press and hold or swipe everywhere and see what happens" technique!

Big Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS