Not Indexing

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Kenneth Tejeda | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:49 PM

Hi,

I just purchased the Scholars 4 base package and installed it on my mac straight from the DVD. It then required me to install the upgrade, because it wouldn't run the program. Once it upgraded I opened the program and then...nothing. It did not index as the instructions told me it would. I know this, because there was no icon on the top of icon bar. 

What do I do?

Posts 30058
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 8:29 PM

Hi Kenneth - Welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles. 

Have you tried restarting the program? Do you know what version you are currently at?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 8:31 PM

Kenneth Tejeda:
What do I do?

Welcome Big Smile

One option is contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact 

- - - - - - -

Other option is replying and attaching diagnostic log files.

Please enable diagnostic logging, restart Mac, then watch for Blue Logos indexer icon to appear.  After Blue icon disappears, launch Logos 4 Mac, if nothing in Library, please quit Logos 4 Mac, compress log files, then reply with zip file upload.

Option: download and use an applescipt application 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Note: wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac with terminal commands, which are used in the applescript application.

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac has the log posting steps, including link to  Logos Log Scribe application to create a zip file on your desktop (copies console messages, then compresses contents of your Logging folder for posting).

One way to check resource licenses associated with your Logos.com account is logging into http://Biblia.com with your Logos.com account.  Without logging in, Biblia.com has 47 Bibles and 3 other resources available.  After login with your Logos.com account, library should have many more resources. 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Kenneth Tejeda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 5:42 PM

Yes I restarted the program and nothing.

I actually ran the program today and the icon appeared but it was only to tell me it was updating the software. I'm on the 4.5 SR-5 (4.50.0.1893) version. I then restarted the program again and nothing has happened, I still have none of the resources within the program.

KeepSmiling the logging stuff sounds and is a little complicated for me. I attempted to do it, but I'm still a bit lost.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 7:44 AM

Kenneth Tejeda:
I actually ran the program today and the icon appeared but it was only to tell me it was updating the software. I'm on the 4.5 SR-5 (4.50.0.1893) version. I then restarted the program again and nothing has happened, I still have none of the resources within the program.

Since using stable version, suggest contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact who, with your permission, can share desktop with you.

Kenneth Tejeda:
KeepSmiling the logging stuff sounds and is a little complicated for me. I attempted to do it, but I'm still a bit lost.

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac includes link => How To Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac – Tutorial w/Video

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Amber Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2012 8:16 PM

Having the exact same problem. Never installed Logos. Installed from the CD, went to run it but before it starts the update alert comes up. Install the update and no resources or books. It appears to me that the new update doesn't run the resource installer. Is there any way to manually install the resources or search and install them. I can find the resources on the CD and if i could just drag n drop them or if there is something to type in the command line to search and install them. I tried using Logos to open the .logos4 & .lbsrvi files but it cant open them. Already emailed support but I seen this thread and figured it may be a common problem with the new update installer.

Posts 5654
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 1:44 AM

Hi Amber and Kenneth

First of all you should not be having these problems - I would be on the phone to customer support looking for some customer support.

If you are not in the USA then Skype can be used to keep the cost of the phone call down to a couple of pennies/cents/? and gives you a hands free system so that you can work on the computer while talking.

Otherwise you can try restarting the computer and logos and then typing 'Scan Optical Media' in the command bar. If nothing happens then restart Logos and wait a couple of minutes before doing anything else.

If that fails customer support is your answer.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:03 PM

Amber Diane Sharp:

Having the exact same problem. Never installed Logos. Installed from the CD, went to run it but before it starts the update alert comes up. Install the update and no resources or books. It appears to me that the new update doesn't run the resource installer. Is there any way to manually install the resources or search and install them. I can find the resources on the CD and if i could just drag n drop them or if there is something to type in the command line to search and install them. I tried using Logos to open the .logos4 & .lbsrvi files but it cant open them. Already emailed support but I seen this thread and figured it may be a common problem with the new update installer.

Welcome Big Smile

Suspect Logos 4 version on CD is a bit out of date; wonder about downloading current release and installing ?

Wiki page => Getting Started with Logos has many links and tips, including section => Installation + Indexing with download link.

The scan optical media command is useful after logging into Logos 4 so resource licenses can sync between your Logos.com account and Logos 4 installation.  The scan command copies files that are licensed for your use into your Logos 4 folder along with indexing them.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Amber Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 7:56 AM

That could be my problem. My internal DVD drive died years ago and I've been using an external DVD drive through the usb port. I'd bet money that the indexer searches for a disk on the internal drive and terminates because it is empty. Guess I'll have to wait until the disk drive is changed out. I see if customer service has some way to work around it.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 8:04 AM

Amber, if you have a solid internet connection, they might be able to unlock the books for you and allow you to download it through the internet. Then again... you probably requested the DVD because you don't have a high speed connection...

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 7:03 PM

Amber Diane Sharp:

That could be my problem. My internal DVD drive died years ago and I've been using an external DVD drive through the usb port. I'd bet money that the indexer searches for a disk on the internal drive and terminates because it is empty. Guess I'll have to wait until the disk drive is changed out. I see if customer service has some way to work around it.

Recommend having Logos customer service verify resource licenses for your Logos.com account.

By the way, Apple's Disk Utility can be used to create a disk image using your external DVD Drive, then the optical disk can be ejected.  Double clicking the disk image mounts the image for use.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS