Notes - Cmd+Click Does Not Open Link external Resource on Mac local disk

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:56 AM

I followed the instructions to create a link to a Notes external PDF file on my Mac local disk - the Hyperlink looks like this when I follow the instructions: file:///Users/Mike/Documents/Teaching & Preaching Materials/Hebrews/Hebrews 1-1.pdf

When I Cmd+Click nothing happens. 

I thought maybe the link could not have spaces in the name - tried with no spaces - same result.

Any help available on this - I searched the Wiki and Forum notes - couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

Mike

Posts 29456
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 4:58 PM

Mike - Sorry no one ever responded to you. It happens sometimes. Embarrassed 

Were you trying to create a favorites shortcut, or a link within a note?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 11:19 AM

Mike Strawn:

I followed the instructions to create a link to a Notes external PDF file on my Mac local disk - the Hyperlink looks like this when I follow the instructions: file:///Users/Mike/Documents/Teaching & Preaching Materials/Hebrews/Hebrews 1-1.pdf

When I Cmd+Click nothing happens. 

I thought maybe the link could not have spaces in the name - tried with no spaces - same result.

Any help available on this - I searched the Wiki and Forum notes - couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

Mike

For some reason I thought linking to local files on the Mac never worked. I tried making a shortcut out of a .pdf file, and created a link in a Note file. Neither attempt worked. I'll check in on it. 

Posts 29456
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 11:24 AM

Tommy Ball:
For some reason I thought linking to local files on the Mac never worked.

Nope. Definitely a regression. I helped another user with this issue mid last year in THIS THREAD.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 11:46 AM

Tommy Ball:
For some reason I thought linking to local files on the Mac never worked. I tried making a shortcut out of a .pdf file, and created a link in a Note file. Neither attempt worked. I'll check in on it. 

You might want to take a look at this thread, which has a pretty extensive discussion of what once worked and didn't work, and differences between Windows and Mac: wiki article: hyperlinking to a Word doc inside of Notes.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1359
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2012 6:06 PM

alabama24:

Tommy Ball:
For some reason I thought linking to local files on the Mac never worked.

Nope. Definitely a regression. I helped another user with this issue mid last year in THIS THREAD.

I can't make this work either... are you saying it does not work and its a known issue?

Posts 29456
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2012 6:30 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
I can't make this work either... are you saying it does not work and its a known issue?

Yes. It worked before and it has since regressed and does not work.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS