We need MORE product reviews!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 15 2012 2:33 AM

With the amount of users Logos has I would expect that the more popular resources would have at least one review. I find myself consistently going to Amazon for reviews - but I would much rather read reviews from Logos users and fellow Bible geeks. I've made a handful of reviews already - but I would like to encourage everyone who has not reviewed their favorite resources or resources they are currently using to do so. Big Smile

SadConfused

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 3:05 AM

I just threw one down for Demarest's The Cross and Salvation

http://www.logos.com/product/2952/the-cross-and-salvation-the-doctrine-of-salvation

Maybe we could come to consensus on a basic outline or formula to what makes a good Logos resource review.

Should they be similar in style and length to Amazon reviews?  How much space should, or should space, be given to the resource's use specifically in Logos?

Any power reviewers out there?

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 4:48 AM

Good reviews are a while in the making. I'm a top 500 amazon.com reviewer but especially with books, you don't get there overnight. I'd rather have good quality reviews from people who know the book well and have interacted with it than reviews for the sake of reviews (I know that's not what you want). They'll come. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:30 AM

It could be easier to go from the in-Logos resource to the review--right now it requires several separate actions, which discourages reviewing.

I'd like to be able to enter one from the "Info" area of a resource.

That said, having my earlier review thrown out because it didn't meet an unspecified editorial requirement by Logos has greatly dissuaded me from further reviews.  For a company that doesn't want theological positions in its forum, it seems to seek them in its resource reviews.

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:37 AM

Ward Walker:
I'd like to be able to enter one from the "Info" area of a resource.

Great idea Ward!

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10889
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:54 AM

Joshua G:
I would like to encourage everyone who has not reviewed their favorite resources or resources they are currently using to do so.

Have only had one resource upset me enough to publish a review Big Smile Yes, we should write reviews when something is good, but apparently we are more motivated by negative feelings than by positive ones.

Posts 1088
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 6:23 AM

Out of curiosity, approximately how many users does Logos have?

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:04 AM

William Gabriel:

Out of curiosity, approximately how many users does Logos have?

I was told by a customer service rep. that there are 1.1 million total users, with about 800,000 active users. (People using the software frequently, making occasional purchases). Pretty impressive if you ask me!

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:27 AM

I added a review to the ISBE page.  Wish we could edit reviews to fix minor typos.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:32 AM

Todd Phillips:

I added a review to the ISBE page.  Wish we could edit reviews to fix minor typos.

?.... And a very fine review it is, indeed!

Peace!

Psalm 23:6

(please excuse question mark                         am still learning iPad2 keyboard)

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:34 AM

Todd Phillips:
Wish we could edit reviews to fix minor typos.

Hi Todd,

I agree. As I didn't want to hijack Joshua's post, I started another thread highlighting a couple of limitations regarding the present implementation (including the inability to edit).

Andy

Posts 1027
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:41 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

.... And a very fine review it is, indeed!

I agree, it does a fine job of explaining the differences between the AYBD (which I own) and the ISBE (which I don't own) and makes a good case for owning both Yes

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS