Bug: Sympathetic highlighting selects whole resource up to current position

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 16 2012 9:29 PM

I often have an English Bible and Greek New Testament displayed with sympathetic highlighting on. Sometimes the sympathetic highlighting selects the entire resource from the start of the book to the place where I click in the window.

Typically this is what happens. I have the English Bible as the active window and have selected a word for sympathetic highlighting. Then I click in the Greek Bible. The sympathetic highlighting of the Greek words is removed (as I would expect), although the English words are still highlighted. If I then select another word in the English, the entire Greek Bible is highlighted up to the place I selected in the English.Sometimes it appears that the program has locked up, because it is taking it a while to highlight the majority of the 2 books.

I have seem this problem form many months, but I cannot get a consistent reproducible set of steps to make it happen.I can get it to happen 2 or 3 times in a row with a certain set of steps, then the next time it works fine..

There are other flaky aspects of the sympathetic highlighting as well. It often leaves remnants of highlighting on. If I click in the book outside the area of the highlighting it often leaves one book highlighted but not the other. I would expect all highlighting to be removed. For example, if I highlight and English word, then the Greek is highlighted. If I click in the Greek text, the Greek highlighting is removed, but the English remains.

Posts 27856
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 4:45 AM

Harry Hahne:
I have seem this problem form many months, but I cannot get a consistent reproducible set of steps to make it happen.

Nor can i reproduce it.

Harry Hahne:
if I highlight and English word, then the Greek is highlighted. If I click in the Greek text, the Greek highlighting is removed, but the English remains.

It is reasonable to leave the original highlighting as it may be required for other purposes

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 6:15 PM

Curious what words want to sympathetically highlight ?

Wonder if could use visual filter(s) to highlight English and Greek ? wiki has Extended Tips for Visual Filters => Examples of visual filters that includes some Logos Greek Morphology visual filters.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS