Glitch with A-F syntax search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 110
Philip E. Sumpter | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 17 2012 1:43 AM

I use the A-F syntax search a lot and need things to work smoothly. There is an annoying glitch with the CIC box. If I select all the elements in 'Subject', do a search and then remove them in order to insert another set of search criteria (e.g. 'Location' rather than 'Subject'), a category remains which does not appear in the list of options on the right and which I cannot delete it: 'Distributive Subject'. It affects my searches and in order to delete it without deleting the entire search query I have to laboriously relocate it to a lower level and then delete it.

Here is an image. I tried to delete all the possibilities for Subject and work solely with 'Direct Object':

I'd appreciate it if someone could point out my error or apply to get this thing sorted. 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 4:24 AM

I tried to duplicate this but couldn't. I am running the beta though. Could you give me details? How do you "select all the elements in Subject" If you walk through every step with screen shots I can make certain I'm doing what you're doing. If I still can't duplicate it then it must be fixed in the beta.

Posts 27058
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 4:29 AM

Philip E. Sumpter:

I use the A-F syntax search a lot and need things to work smoothly. There is an annoying glitch with the CIC box. If I select all the elements in 'Subject', do a search and then remove them in order to insert another set of search criteria (e.g. 'Location' rather than 'Subject'), a category remains which does not appear in the list of options on the right and which I cannot delete it: 'Distributive Subject'. It affects my searches and in order to delete it without deleting the entire search query I have to laboriously relocate it to a lower level and then delete it.

I can't reproduce the error in v4.5 SR-5 with the part of the query you show. Please show the full query and describe steps to reproduce the erroneous "Subject". What version of Logos do you have?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 110
Philip E. Sumpter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 8:16 AM

Thank you both of you, I think I've figured out the problem. This seems to only occur when you take one of A-F's standard templates which use the subject CIC and then alter it to suit your own needs. If you start from scratch this doesn't happen. Odd.

Posts 27058
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 12:24 PM

Philip E. Sumpter:
This seems to only occur when you take one of A-F's standard templates which use the subject CIC

It does. It's worth an email to syntax@logos.com quoting this thread.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS