Medial Syriac nuns not displaying properly

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Peter Gurry | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:28 AM

I've had this problem ever since 4.0 and it hasn't been fixed yet, so I thought I should probably say something.

Medial nuns do not appear correctly in Syriac words that have vowel pointing (see image). This can make it tough to read because what looks like two words is actually one.

The same font in Microsoft Word renders the medial nun properly when copied from Logos, so I'm assuming this is some kind of display problem in Logos 4.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:37 AM

The display problem is with Microsoft's .NET 3.5, which is used by Logos 4. Logos were hoping to migrate to .NET 4, which fixes these display issues, but unfortunately .NET 4 has other, non-related bugs, which are even more of a problem.

There are a few other threads that have additional information. Here is one that links to a few others: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/35731.aspx

Posts 33
Peter Gurry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:41 AM

Thanks, Mark. I just stumbled on the same thread myself. I'm glad to see others have raised the problem.

I suppose Microsoft Word 2010 is running on .NET 4.0 and that's why things look correct when I paste them there?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS