Strange Visual Filter Results

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Eric L. Keefer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 24 2012 2:21 PM

I created a visual filter to eventually highlight main verbs, etc in the NA27 Int.  However, I seem to be getting strange results and am wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Here is my simple Visual Filter:

And here are my strange results:

I started with a more complex search, but when I got strange results, I simplified it to see if I continued to get strange results.  As you can see, it is highlighting εικη, an adverb, and φωνην, a noun, and completely ignoring most verbs.

Perhaps there is something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks!

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2012 2:38 PM

First of all, I don't think you want those asterisks in there.  Those are wildcards that you don't need and they're going to slow down the updating considerably.

Also, is it possible you are indexing?  A partial index can create spurious results.

This works for me:

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 21
Eric L. Keefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2012 3:12 PM

Thanks Todd.  Removing the asterisks did it.  I figured it was something simple like that.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:15 PM

Wiki Extended Tips for Visual Filters => Examples of visual filters has five Logos Greek Morphology visual filter examples with link to forum reply => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/39713/296752.aspx#296752 has four Logos Greek Morphology verbal visual filters (voice, tense, mood, number)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS