Tip: Don't neglect to prioritize the NRSV

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:45 AM

I neglected to add the NRSV to my list of prioritized Bibles in the library.  This had two negative effects.  For example in a lexicon like BDAG if I hovered over a link to the Apocrypha it would take longer for a popup to load and if I clicked on it I would even get the alarm "Logos is not responding" before it would finally load the NRSV.   Or if I hovered over a link to Judith, for example, it may give me a popup to the USB Handbook.  The NRSV (or other translation with the Apocrypha) doesn't have to been in the top five, but it helps for it to be in the list.  (Just thought I would share.)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:09 AM

Good tip. And if you don't like the NRSV, but still need to prioritise it for references to the apocrypha, you can use advanced prioritisation and restrict it's priority to the range Tobit-4 Maccabees.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:19 AM

Mark Barnes:

Good tip. And if you don't like the NRSV, but still need to prioritise it for references to the apocrypha, you can use advanced prioritisation and restrict it's priority to the range Tobit-4 Maccabees.

What about the JPS TANAK?  Devil  Devil  Devil

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 32592
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:39 PM

Time for a group rallying cry - We need NETS, We need  NETS, we need ... louder folks we need to be heard all the way to Bellingham

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:52 PM

MJ. Smith:

Time for a group rallying cry - We need NETS, We need  NETS, we need ... louder folks we need to be heard all the way to Bellingham

The NCAA tournament will be coming up before too long as well as the NBA tournament.  Will that provice enough nets?  Pizza  Beer  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 1:37 PM

Many thanks for this tip, Jerry. I'd often wondered why it took so long for links to the Apocrypha to display when other links appear almost immediately.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 11:21 AM

Jerry,

Thank you for your helpful comment. I shall follow through!

E.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS