March's Free Book of the Month: Authentic Christianity by Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 141
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:05 AM

“Martyn Lloyd-Jones was one of the titanic figures of twentieth-century Christianity. What now sets him apart is the fact that his writings, sermons, and other messages are even more influential now, more than two decades after his death, than when he engaged such a massive ministry at Westminster Chapel and beyond. Why? I think the answer is simple - his profound commitment to biblical exposition and the great skill with which he preached and taught the Word of God.”—Al Mohler

Get your free book!

Enjoy! Smile

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 1:19 AM

Thank you Logos! Yes

Posts 110
Kristin Dantzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 2:57 AM

Excellent choice for this month.  Thank you.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 2:58 AM

My problem is that I already have all the books you've been offering as free books of the month. Oh the woes of having a library with 8666 books in it (and that's not counting the over 1000 hidden books I own). #firstworldproblems

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:20 AM

I don't know if you timed this deliberately, but today is St. David's Day, which the closest Welshmen like Lloyd-Jones have to a national holiday. Whilst Lloyd-Jones didn't have much time for saints, he loved his country. He died on St. David's Day 31 years ago.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:40 AM

Mark Barnes:

I don't know if you timed this deliberately, but today is St. David's Day, which the closest Welshmen like Lloyd-Jones have to a national holiday. Whilst Lloyd-Jones didn't have much time for saints, he loved his country. He died on St. David's Day 31 years ago.

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus! Happy Saint Davids Day Everyone!

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:54 AM

Mark Barnes:

Reminds me of the poem "Miracle on St. David's Day" by Gillian Clarke: http://www.amielandmelburn.org.uk/collections/soundings/11_188.pdf

Here is the poet reading it and telling the story of its composition: http://poetrystation.org.uk/poems/miracle-on-st.-davids-day/

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:16 AM

Thank you!

Posts 1917
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:56 AM

Rosie Perera:

My problem is that I already have all the books you've been offering as free books of the month. Oh the woes of having a library with 8666 books in it (and that's not counting the over 1000 hidden books I own). #firstworldproblems

Know a bit of how you feel.  This one was the first book of the month that was new for me.  But I try to view it as Logos is actually giving away some of the "good stuff".

[Edit - OPPS!  I had this one already too.  I guess I need to know my library better]

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 155
Pedro | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:04 AM

Thank you Logos. 

Posts 532
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:17 AM

Thanks Logos!

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:36 AM

I have considered this set before so now I'll get to see how I like it. Thanks.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2230
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:46 AM

Thanks for this great book this month.

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:57 AM

I would like to see his sermons on the Sermon on the Mt. be included in his works, to me it's by far his best work.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:26 PM

Jonathan Watson:

Thank you!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS