Posts 67
Kilroy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:55 PM

It's your story !

Kilroy Was Here.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:59 PM

Kilroy:

It's your story !

No, you're the one with the story while I'm the one with the truth.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 463
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 6:05 PM

Ryan:
So are you saying that the 26 Volume Collected Works that Logos is publishing has content above and beyond the Works of Jonathan Edwards collection from Yale University Press found here- http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/onlinecatalog.asp?catalog=1105488 , also available on Amazon, and in Kindle formats for some of the volumes?

Yes, that's the collection. Did you look at the prices for individual volumes on the page you linked? Suddenly the price tag doesn't look so bad. I haven't found a single volume from the series in the Kindle store... can you point me in the right direction?

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 7:10 PM

Super Tramp:
Those are the facts I care about.

so you admit that you, in fact, cannot do everything with a Logos resource that one can do with a Kindle resource? 

Super Tramp:
One of my family had a new Porsche Boxster, a BMW and a Chevy Silverado pickup

One of my family members was had a boat that allowed him to survive the Flood.  What is your point?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 8:10 PM

Ryan:
It is because of logic like this that Bible publishers sell low quality Bibles for $40-$75, Joel Osteen books flying off the shelves, and gimicky expensive Christian products. 

I've read this answer several times and am totally lost as to what cheap Bibles, Joel Osteen and Christian fluff in the bookstores has got to do with my appreciation for the superiority of Logos products. And my Bibles are printed on India paper bound in calfskin, Morocco leather & goatskin. On top of that, most of them are even "authorized!"  Big Smile

If Joel Osteen offered me a lift in the  Mojave Desert I would decline the offer and keep walking. I don't figure he will get me where he says he will. Confused I just don't see a connection in your statement,

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 152
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 8:26 PM

Because the only reason we have cheap Bibles, Joel Osteen books, and gimicky expensive Christian products is because the individuals who create and fill the shelves with the stuff believe there is brand loyalty. Putting out a product to a large group of people out there who don't do golf, or attend NFL games, or travel, or  collect stamps. They would rather buy Bible study software (at any price) seeing as how it would be a less foolish expenditure than the aforementioned activities.

BTW, I have a scripture inspired prayer shawl for sale if anyone is interested. http://www.tbn.org/about/newsletter/index.php/1170.htm

... because anything Christian is better to purchase at any price than a good set of clubs.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 8:52 PM

toughski:
so you admit that you, in fact, cannot do everything with a Logos resource that one can do with a Kindle resource?

Logos resources will do everything and more than what I need them to do. I have not yet bought a Kindle because my netbook with WiFi and 3G can do more. Some day I will buy a Kindle. I will treat the little guy gently because I understand he can only handle one book at a time

toughski:
One of my family members was had a boat that allowed him to survive the Flood.  What is your point?
.Related to Noah? Ask him if his ark had been a canoe, how many dinosaurs he could have preserved through the world-wide flood.  Point being, a BMW is not always the superior car. A Silverado pickup truck is superior vehicle for transporting a load of concrete blocks. Porsche and BMW fail the test. If you want to employ many references in Bible study Logos beats the others.easily.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 9:27 PM

Ryan:
Because the only reason we have cheap Bibles, Joel Osteen books, and gimicky expensive Christian products is because the individuals who create and fill the shelves with the stuff believe there is brand loyalty
 oh...  But you are missing the flip-side of this thinking. Proverbs 22:29 shows what God thinks of someone who strives for excellence.  One hobby I gave up was guitars. My guitars were quality instruments and sought after by world famous musicians. I had Morris, Gibson, Fender Starts & Teles. Several of my guitars were autographed by bands like Genesis, Supertramp Queen and others. They are now spread around the world and featured in movies, in music videos, on record albums and hang on display in a Medieval  English castle. I did not collect  "Joel Osteen" guitars. I eventually decided I would rather spend my time studying the Bible than playing rock music. (It is a spiritual thingAngel)  I sold 26 of my guitars and bought more Logos software. I recently sold half of my home studio equipment for the same "trade-up."   I applied that famous quote; "He is no fool who trades that which he cannot keep for that which he can not lose." to my personal hobbies. I know I am not taking my Logos software to heaven with me. But I can learn a lot more about my Lord and better equip myself for service using Logos than guitars or golf clubs. That is just how it works for me. It may be perfectly reasonable for someone else to use golf to the glory of God..

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:43 AM

Super Tramp:

I have never convinced a fence post I am right. However, I have converted over 7000 cows to my way of thinking as they walked past the fence post and eves-dropped on the discussion. 

I needed to smile. This comment did it! Smile

Page 5 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS