Anybody Home???

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
N. Richard Allen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:16 PM

Just wondering if anyone is working at Logos today. Can't raise anyone on the phone over there.

Posts 29731
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:28 PM

Richard - Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you can't get through on the phone lines. I am not sure what is going on in Bellingham. I am sure if you try back in a bit, you will be able to get through. Is there a question I can answer in the meantime?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 141
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:46 PM

We just got finished with a company wide meeting, with all 253 employees. Smile Try again!

Posts 3
N. Richard Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:47 PM

Thanks for your reply, but it is something that I need to talk to sales about. I had bought an Old Test. book the other day and realized today that I need to buy another one and both are in a collection so I just went ahead and bought the collection and hopefully they will be willing to go back and give me credit for the one I had already purchased and for academic pricing. Couldn't wait for them to respond cause I need to finish this paper tonight. Thanks for the concern. God Bless.

Posts 3
N. Richard Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:48 PM

LOL, ok. Thanks.

kinda figured it might have been something along those lines.

Posts 998
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:51 PM

Jonathan Watson:

We just got finished with a company wide meeting, with all 253 employees. Smile Try again!

Last time I attended one of those, there were less employees at the end than there were at the  beginning Sad

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 3:22 PM

Last time I attended one the owner swore he would never sell the company. 3 months later my department was eliminated by the new owners. LOL

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 3:27 PM

David Carter:

Jonathan Watson:

Last time I attended one of those, there were less employees at the end than there were at the  beginning Sad

I doubt it's that for Logos. CEO Bob Pritchett used to work at Microsoft where we used to have an annual company meeting with everyone in the company at a big venue (we were way bigger than 253 people by then). It was mostly a big pep talk, followed by a big party. And we got a company gift every year, some intriguing product with the company logo on it. One year it was a pair of binoculars, one year a director's chair, one year a gym bag, etc. When a company is doing well (which Logos is these days), "company wide meeting" usually is celebratory in nature.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the big new product they're very close to releasing, which there have been various whispers and leaks about. Check the forum threads and you might find some tantalizing teasers.

EDIT: Logos, you might want to consider putting up a temporary recorded message if you're not answering the phones during normal business hours, explaining why and saying when someone will be back at the desk to answer the phone.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:06 PM

Rosie Perera:

EDIT: Logos, you might want to consider putting up a temporary recorded message if you're not answering the phones during normal business hours, explaining why and saying when someone will be back at the desk to answer the phone.

Yes Kind of surprised that this wasn't done...

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:32 PM

Jonathan:

Rosie Perera:

Yes Kind of surprised that this wasn't done...

They were so excited about their new product, that they forgot to turn on the answering machine. Wink

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:51 PM

Jonathan Watson:

Meeting ?

Twitter => Logos sets world record for 'Largest Company Cheesesteak Party'

http://www.logos.com/press/releases/cheesesteak_world_record?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:54 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Jonathan Watson:

Meeting ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Probably the same reason why the BIG announcement missed the March 1 ship date! You can't really code, squish bugs, and eat a cheese steak at the same time. Well... at least not without making a huge mess of your keyboard.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:03 PM

Jonathan Watson:

Meeting ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Ha ha! What a fun place to work!

Wow, I wish they could make this sort of "immediate release" happen with their software (it's March 5 today, and this March 6 "immediate release" is out already):

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:06 PM

Meeting ?

Cheesesteak?  Yuch !  I just found out that they use Cheeswiz on those—as they say in Latin barfus upus.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:15 PM

Rosie Perera:

Jonathan Watson:

Meeting ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Ha ha! What a fun place to work!

Wow, I wish they could make this sort of "immediate release" happen with their software (it's March 5 today, and this March 6 "immediate release" is out already):

Rosie, did you know Logos is hiring? Nice catch. Yes

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 6:32 PM

George Somsel:

Cheesesteak?  Yuch !  I just found out that they use Cheeswiz on those—as they say in Latin barfus upus.

Cheesesteak is one of those things that may not look like it makes sense, but boy is it good. You must try one some day, George. In Philadelphia, preferably. Smile

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 6:51 PM

David Carter:

We try to have a whole company meeting every quarter. It's just half an hour; we usually walk down the street to a nearby church that has room to hold us all. There's a snack. (Today: Cookies.)

The "Business Hours" box on the Logos.com homepage is supposed to indicate when we're closed, including for company meetings, but it's possible it hasn't been getting updated. I'll check into it.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:20 AM

Jonathan Watson:

Meeting ?

That party took place more than a month ago!

Note to Logos: it's a good idea to check the links before you send out a press release. Wink The one people will first try to click on, the one to the blog, doesn't work. It's got an http// too much in it.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:16 AM

George Somsel:

You poor, poor soul. Come to Philly sometime and I'll show you what a real cheesesteak tastes like. You'll never go back.

Just for reference if you happen to show up here without a guide: Jim's > Pat's > Geno's. Geno's is a poor excuse for a sandwich, although it's probably better than what you can get outside Philly. Jim's will change your life.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS