Vyrso Library Sort by

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 8 2012 1:21 PM

I'm a rare poster to a forum though I read a lot to get answers. However, I'm stumped by what happens on "Sort by>Recent" when it comes to trying to verify all my Vyrso purchases are in my Library.  I'm using an iPad 2 for this.

Here's the dilemma: When using Sort by>Recent, one would think the most recent purchases would be at the top. I just d/l the free book today, "Coach Wooden:.."  However, that book shows in the list in the 4th position with American Standard Bible, The Holman Christian Standard Bible, and The Imitation of Christ showing 1 through 3. These 3 were purchased long ago when I purchased Logos 4!  Seems to me ALL my Vyrso purchase, 8 books in all now, should be seen very close to the top of this "sort." I have to go WAY down the listings to even see the next one. Is there a bug in this sort function?

My apologies for including here another short question. Since it is so closely related, I hope no one minds. But what is "Sort by>Rating?"  How are the books "rated?"  It sure would be nice to have "sorts" by categories, such as Bibles, Commentaries, Historical, Novels, Biographies, etc, but I don't get "Rating."

Thanks to any who enlighten me on these related issues.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 1:50 PM

Rick:
I'm a rare poster to a forum though I read a lot to get answers. However, I'm stumped by what happens on "Sort by>Recent" when it comes to trying to verify all my Vyrso purchases are in my Library.  I'm using an iPad 2 for this.

Welcome Big Smile

Logos has iPhone/iPad forum.

When have network connection, can search library for

edition:e

to show all Vyrso eBooks.

Rick:
Here's the dilemma: When using Sort by>Recent, one would think the most recent purchases would be at the top.

Personally not know the sort algorithm for Sort by Recent in iOS mobile app.  Appears reading eBooks affects sort order, but noticed several purchases after completing an eBook were sorted below (plus a few above).

Rick:
My apologies for including here another short question. Since it is so closely related, I hope no one minds. But what is "Sort by>Rating?"  How are the books "rated?"  It sure would be nice to have "sorts" by categories, such as Bibles, Commentaries, Historical, Novels, Biographies, etc, but I don't get "Rating."

Logos 4 library has option to rate resources (0 to 5 stars), which can be sync'd to mobile apps.  Also, Logos 4 Llibrary has last updated column.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 1:51 PM

Rick - Welcome to the forums!

Rick:
When using Sort by>Recent, one would think the most recent purchases would be at the top.

"Sort by Recent" has nothing to do with when a resource was purchased, but rather is when the resource was last viewed.

Rick:
But what is "Sort by>Rating?"

"Sort by rating" is not currently functioning properly. To answer your question: The app takes the ratings you assign within Logos 4 (Mac or PC) to the books and sorts them -Five star through no star.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 5:08 PM

Rick:

Here's the dilemma: When using Sort by>Recent, one would think the most recent purchases would be at the top. I just d/l the free book today, "Coach Wooden:.."  However, that book shows in the list in the 4th position with . . . showing 1 through 3. These 3 were purchased long ago when I purchased Logos 4! 

Rick,

Logos regularly updates older books, fixing or enhancing something. The books then have a "Last Updated" field with the date you downloaded it. That's what it's called on the computer version of Logos4. It would be nice if they had a "Purchased Date" but they don't. That's probably why it doesn't sort like you expected.

Robert

Posts 4
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:10 AM

TY, Keep Smiling, for the info on the iPad forum and on how the "rating" sort works. Good info!

Posts 4
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:22 AM

alabama24, you say:

"'Sort by Recent' has nothing to do with when a resource was purchased, but rather is when the resource was last viewed."

I sorted right after my d/l of the Coach Wooden book. I had not viewed the top 3 resources in some time, so I still don't see, even with your explanation, why the Wooden book wouldn't sort to the #1 position.  I can understand how "Sort by>Recent" would be set up as you've described instead of by "when purchased." I appreciate that advice, but don't know why in this case the Wooden book would not have been on top.

Posts 4
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:23 AM

Thanks, too, for your advice, Robert.

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:09 PM

Rick - I can assure you that my explanation is how it is supposed to work. "Sort by Recent" is about which resources were last used - not which were last purchased. Your experience may be different because of a bug, or because the software hasn't refreshed itself (for the lack of a better term). 

Rick:
I sorted right after my d/l of the Coach Wooden book.

You downloaded the book, but had you viewed it? (you can, after all, download the book from the library without opening it). 

By the way, I am running version 2.1 RC4. The following screen shot shows my library. The last four books I opened appear in order. If you are still having problems with it, can you kill your app, restart it, and provide a like screen shot?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS