Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Kevin Kneeland | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:44 AM

Duplicate entries are being created under "MY SONGS".

Please fix ASAP.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 10:23 AM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There is indeed a case where saved song data can be duplicated. 

Our developers will be looking into the issue. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 10
Lacy Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:33 PM

Oh, I have the same issue.  Very annoying.  Don't know what to do about it.  Every time I manually edit a song in Proclaim, it creates a new listing under My Songs.  There are a few that are listed like 10 times and I can't ever find the "right" version of them when the worship team wants to sing that song again.  

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 8:06 AM

Lacy Phillips:
There are a few that are listed like 10 times

Do they have identical titles in the entry helper? If so what's an example so we can check it out internally.

Posts 14
Kevin Kneeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:42 AM

Hi Scott!

I opened this originally, and I got this from you all...

<snip>Our developers will be looking into the issue</snip>

What became of the developers looking into the issue?  Are you doubting it creates duplicates?  Does it not create duplicates for you?  These are identical titles.  I would think if the title was different that it would not be considered a duplicate as this would be a different song and I wouldn't see that as a problem.  You are asking for an example.  Have you tried this yourself?  Add a song named "Stop Creating Duplicates" then create a song named "Stop Creating Duplicates" and you will have two songs named "Stop Creating Duplicates" under "My Songs".  Look what I get when I look for "How Great Thou Art" when I go to Add Item | Song.

I added a song, then added again, it creates it two times.  There is NO WAY to edit an existing song you already have in your database.  How on earth do I know I am adding the right song when I search for How Great Thou Art?  I may have some wrong lyrics in one of them, no way to fix it though.  This is a huge problem and makes maintaining the songs impossible.  I was thinking while writing this maybe this is fixed, but there is no way to tell that it is fixed because you wouldn't have removed duplicate songs as part of an update, not sure.  But it for sure still has the problem 100%...

Any other system would have some key, in this case I would think it would be the song title.  And if someone searches for a song title, and picks it, it doesn't create a second one in their system, it uses the same one and edits that single song in the user's database.  That way when they choose that song again, they can be confident it is the right one.  But that isn't the case here.  You create two songs in our database with the same name.  So if I ever wanted to fix the song "How Great Thou Art" because it had wrong words, there is NO WAY to fix it because the one in my database is stuck there forever, and I have no way to remove it.  I only have a way to add another with the correct words.  Then I want to sing the song again, and I have two show up.  How do I know which ones has the fixed words?  If you do not understand the major problem, I can for sure explain further, but I think I have done well in explaining.  

Please know I appreciate what you all are doing, and this is a great product, but I have seen this as a major problem since day one of using this system, and there has been nothing done.

Please help Scott and be sure this statement is true...

<snip>Our developers will be looking into the issue</snip>

Thank you!

Kevin

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:27 PM

This issue should be resolved. If anyone can still see duplicate songs please reply back here. Thanks!

Posts 14
Kevin Kneeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2014 2:25 PM

WOW!  Thank you SO MUCH!!!!  You fixed it, and it is also saving the order of the song as well!!!!  You went above and beyond!  I am curious, which song did you keep?  Just the latest?

Thanks!

Kevin

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2014 2:39 PM

Glad you are enjoying :) We kept the latest version.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS