Go command not working correctly

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:16 PM

In the *Go* command, I typed in Gal 3:20 and it would only bring up what would normally come up in the basic search, i.e. "search all text in entire libary" ......... I did this over several times, and would only bring up this basic search.

I had just deleted a Layout named Gal 3:20, so was wondering if this would have anything to do with it.

Then suddenly it began to act normally - I type in Gal 3:20 in the "Go" command and it brings up everything i.e. passage guide / exegetical guide / Bibles / etc. 

My question - what would cause that? I realize it's nothing to lose three nights sleep over, but still wonder why it did that?

Posts 24768
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 11:44 PM

Hi Bootjack

Something similar was reported and discussed at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/41298.aspx

Is it possible that you were typing an invalid reference into the "Go" box initially?

Graham

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:41 AM

Thanks for the reply Graham,

It wasn't a typo - I tried this four to five times. I typed in "Galation's 3:20" and did this three times. Then I tried "Gal 3:20" and this wouldn't go either. So I closed down Logos and brought it back up and tried it again and it still failed. Then after another try, it worked. I found it rather strange for I had never saw that before. 

It's one of those things where we might never know. I'll take a look at the link you provided. 

Posts 11841
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:46 AM

Bootjack:
It wasn't a typo - I tried this four to five times. I typed in "Galation's 3:20" and did this three times.

maybe try Galatians (three As, no apostrophe)...

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 1:08 AM

Bootjack:
I typed in "Galation's 3:20" and did this three times. Then I tried "Gal 3:20" and this wouldn't go either.

Appears Galation's 3:20 is not recognized by Logos as a Bible verse:

Personally learned "Gal 3:20" does recognize Bible verse:

Also could use abbreviation ga3.20

Logos has Bible book abbreviations => http://www.logos.com/L4/support/biblebookabbrev

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 1:09 AM

Ni Mick, I guess I could have stated that I did try "Gal 3 20" --- if this is what you are referring to. But now no matter what I type in there, it is working ok. 

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 1:31 AM

Galation's with the apostrophe will not work - I said I had typed it in there as "Galation's" but actually I hadn't. It was typed in as Galations. Previously, I had Galation's hauled up and was working on that passage. Everything worked flawlessly of course when I brought it up the first time. Then I closed out. But as you know, it saves in the Go box what I had previously put in there, which was "Galations" - (sorry about the confusion on the spelling of the word).

But as first stated, nothing was working at that certain point - Galations 3:20 / Gal 3:20 / Gal 3 20 --- which was why I reported this. Then suddenly, as computers are wont to do, it began to go a certain course and at this point, decided to do it right! Totally weird and wonderful!!! 

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 7:16 AM

Bootjack:
It was typed in as Galations.

I think the point earlier is that "Galations" is actually spelled Galatians. There is no "o" and there are three "a" 's.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:16 AM

Alabama, excuse me while I blush. I do appreciate the fact regarding the spelling - what throws me for a loop is why the Gal 3:20 was bringing up the same issue - or gal 3 20

Excuse me while I get back to my spelling course.   :-}

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:17 AM

Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS