Problem(Bug?) with unhiding a resource

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:26 PM

I had hidden the Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations a while back, and decided today to unhide it.  So I deleted it from the Hidden Resources list and restarted.  Nothing happened.  It wasn't downloaded and it was gone from both the library and the hidden resources. 

So I did a "update now" and it didn't find anything to download.  So I restarted again, without luck, and ran "update now " again.  Still nothing. 

Then I ran "update resources" and it was found and downloaded.

I shouldn't have to do that.  Should I?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:27 PM

i am wondering what would happen if you dragged it into your library from hidden resources.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:28 PM

steveclark:

i am wondering what would happen if you dragged it into your library from hidden resources.

Shouldn't make a difference.  If that mattered, I'd still call it a bug.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:34 PM

You are right.

It was just a thought.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:34 PM

Todd,

How long did you wait before doing all of the above?  I agree that it's all supposed to be automatic, but perhaps there's a time delay.  Whether there should or shouldn't be is another issue.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:46 PM

Thomas Black:

Todd,

How long did you wait before doing all of the above?  I agree that it's all supposed to be automatic, but perhaps there's a time delay.  Whether there should or shouldn't be is another issue.

I didn't wait. 

Should that even be an issue? I mean, what am I waiting on, other than waiting for the automatic update check (which seems like it should happen upon restart when I've unhidden something) that didn't happen.?   Or maybe it did, but didn't find anything...since "update now" didn't either.

I think there's a problem with the standard "update now".  I'm not missing resources, but when I installed SR6 I didn't get any updates until I ran "update resources" and then I got a LexhamSGDB update.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 6:12 PM

Todd Phillips:

I didn't wait. 

Should that even be an issue?

Here's a guess. Restart L4 after unhiding, so L4's index can update itself.

Don't really know, but it seems like a reasonable thing to try.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 6:33 PM

Todd Phillips:

I didn't wait. 

Should that even be an issue?

I agree that unhiding should result in something close to an instant action of some sort Even a popup that says "please restart L4 to restore your resources" or something like that.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 6:36 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Here's a guess. Restart L4 after unhiding, so L4's index can update itself.

Don't really know, but it seems like a reasonable thing to try.

Rich, I did restart after unhiding. In fact, I restarted twice just to be sure, before I decided to run "update resources".  (see description in first post)

The "not waiting" refers to sitting around after the restart waiting for some automatic process to kick in.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS