Problems with the sentence diagrams import

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Marc Zoellner | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 30 2012 2:49 PM

I made the "Minimum Crossgrade" from SESB 3 (Libronix 3) to Logos 4. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble importing the sentence diagrams. I do not have my sentence diagrams created in the usual form, but much simpler. Through the import the highlights and the text color are lost, and the markings are displaced. In the pictures you can see what happens.

Original diagram:

After the import in Logos 4:

What can I do to import it into the sentence diagrams correct to logos 4?
Best Regards

Marc

Posts 27
Marc Zoellner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 3:03 PM

Supplementation: In my SESB (Libronix 3) there was the ability to automatically color the words of the inserted text in a sentence diagram according to word-type. Does this even work in Logos 4?

Sorry for my bad english...

Marc

Posts 3189
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:02 PM

HI Marc, 

Before you imported your Sentence Diagrams did you download the custom tool bar we have available to make sure all the books are up to date in Libronix? If not you can find it here http://blog.logos.com/2010/03/logos_4_importing_notes_and_user-created_content_from_ldls3/. It specifies that it is for importing Notes but in terms of what it resolves I wouldn't be surprised if it would help you here as well. If you have installed that let me know. 

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:57 PM

Marc Zoellner:

I made the "Minimum Crossgrade" from SESB 3 (Libronix 3) to Logos 4. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble importing the sentence diagrams. I do not have my sentence diagrams created in the usual form, but much simpler. Through the import the highlights and the text color are lost, and the markings are displaced. In the pictures you can see what happens.

Original diagram: [...]

After the import in Logos 4:

[...]

What can I do to import it into the sentence diagrams correct to logos 4?
Best Regards

Marc

I had the same problems with some of mine. Never could get the highlights or colors to carry over….looks like yours did worse than mine….

but if you come up with a solution I would like to read about it. I think that it may have something to do with the updater used to capture them in L3 to importing them to L4.../?

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 27
Marc Zoellner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 1:49 AM

Hi Tommy,

Thank  you very much for your help! Yes, I did install the custom tool bar before I imported the Sentence Diagrams. Now I tried it again by using the default user-files path "c:\Users\username\Documents\Libronix DLS" (Windows 7) but it's the same result. I wonder if the custom tool bar update works correctly because the messagebox "All Notes successfully updated" appears immediately when I click "Update Notes Now" (while importing the notes in L4 takes time). On the other hand my Notes and the Highlighting palettes are imported correctly. The problem seems to concern only the Sentence Diagrams.

Posts 3189
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:21 AM

Marc:

If you don't mind, could you zip a copy of your Libronix Documents folder and see if they will post here? Otherwise I can email you about setting up a time to call you. The Libronix Documents folder is in your Windows Documents folder and named "Libronix"

Posts 27
Marc Zoellner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:46 AM

Hi Tommy,

Here I attached a copy of my Libronix Documents folder in zip-Format:

5722.Libronix DLS.zip

I hope it works.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS