N.T Wright leads Lloyd-Jones by only 40 votes

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2492
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 31 2012 2:29 PM

This one looks like it will be close until the end.

Posts 2883
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 2:41 PM

It does indeed look like it's going down to the wire.  My personal favorite is "The Doctor".  However, I already have bought everything Logos sells by Lloyd-Jones.  So I am forced to vote against him.  Self-interest, you know. Surely "the Doctor" would understand.

Why anyone else would vote against him, I don't understand.  Of course, I love N. T. Wright also, but not like I love "The Doctor".  

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1692
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 6:23 PM

It doesn't get much closer:

That's 6:20pm (Pacific time) March 31.

Posts 649
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 7:30 PM

The voting page doesn't seem to be working.  I have voted and rebooted my machine tonight.  I can now vote again because when I go to the page it is asking me to vote.

Posts 406
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:34 PM

Just cause you can doesn't mean you should.

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 11:37 PM

There seem to be some...er...voting "irregularities" this time around. I seem to recall in the past rounds there was some variation between how many people voted for each of the pairings in each round, but not this large a variation. There are 424 more votes on the right side than on the left. Some ballot stuffing for Wright and Lloyd-Jones perhaps?

Posts 32535
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 11:50 PM

Rosie Perera:
There seem to be some...er...voting "irregularities" this time around.

You calling me irregular?!! CoolHow 'bout those of us who have no interest in either US author? And, yes, in each round there have been some cases in which I did not vote. I think it's simply more evident when we get down to the final few.  However, if you want to teach me how to vote early and ofter, I'll be glad to oblige.Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:36 AM

Rosie Perera:
There seem to be some...er...voting "irregularities" this time around. I seem to recall in the past rounds there was some variation between how many people voted for each of the pairings in each round, but not this large a variation. There are 424 more votes on the right side than on the left. Some ballot stuffing for Wright and Lloyd-Jones perhaps?
Rosie, I do not vote for the pairings that I do not care about.  Because I do not care (will not be buying Carson or Packer), I did not vote for Carson or Packer.  I do this because I figure people who do want to purchase Carson or Packer should decided - not me.

Posts 649
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:28 AM

Danny Parker:

Thanks Danny.  I agree.  I have not voted more than once.  Hopefully Logos will see this and rectify the problem.

Posts 406
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:34 AM

A little humorGeeked (I think, it seems to get pretty messy here when discounted books are involved. Confused)

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2012 11:57 AM

Danny Parker:

Unless you are from a certain Mid-Western US city which shall remained unnamed. "Vote early, and vote often" Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS