Spurgeon's Sermons on CP

Page 1 of 7 (127 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 126 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2834
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:36 AM

Exciting that this resource is to be made available.

I'm in at $75.  I may have to raise that, but I'm hoping more will get in at less so a few don't have to give all. (Or some similar Churchillian phrase like that.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:05 AM

Logos could you lower the pricing scale on this offer.  Very few would be willing to bid $475. and some may want to bid slightly less than $75.   Thanks.

The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection (63 vols.) - Logos Bible Software

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:24 AM

Its very nice they are offering to upgrade our older versions if it is produced. I encourage all in ministry to own this collection, so bid if you don't already have it. I paid about $100 for my set (IIRC) and feel it was more than worth that, so bid generously.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:28 AM

Doc B:

Exciting that this resource is to be made available.

I'm in at $75.  I may have to raise that, but I'm hoping more will get in at less so a few don't have to give all. (Or some similar Churchillian phrase like that.)

Mention is made of it being free for those who own the Ages Software version that was made for Libronix.

I bought a special Calvin - Spurgeon - ISBE collection many years ago that includes all 63 volumes of sermons (New Park Street Pulpit + Metroplitan Tabernacle Pulpit). I recall someone else mentioning they bought the same 3-part collection, I think on a March Madness thread last week. Will we get this "upgrade" for free, does anyone know?

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:33 AM

Jerry M:

Logos could you lower the pricing scale on this offer.  Very few would be willing to bid $475. and some may want to bid slightly less than $75.   Thanks.

The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection (63 vols.) - Logos Bible Software

YesYes

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:50 AM

Randal M Lane:
I bought a special Calvin - Spurgeon - ISBE collection many years ago that includes all 63 volumes of sermons (New Park Street Pulpit + Metroplitan Tabernacle Pulpit).

I believe that is exactly the set Logos is referring to. Calvin and Spurgeon were also available separately beside being bundled together with the original ISBE (Which is also on prepub: http://www.logos.com/product/18410/the-international-standard-bible-encyclopedia-1915-edition .)

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:29 PM

I assume that this is replacing the prior "Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection"?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:18 PM

Alexander Longacre:
I assume that this is replacing the prior "Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection"?

Yes; if click wish list title, link shows product no longer available for purchase (so may want to remove from wish list)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1051
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 2:30 PM

Fascinating. As an owner of the previous version, I presume it would be foolish for me to bid on this one, and I'll enjoy an upgrade if it ever goes into production.

This means that we have to convince everybody who has not purchased it in the past to bid on this CP. However, the lowest bid price is only $22 less that the "current" or expired production version. I could see this one languishing.

So I'm cheering for bids! Go, bidders, go! If it was in KS4J's wish list, that sounds like at least one potential bidder (and I'm surprised that KS4J wasn't already an owner).

Posts 887
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:08 PM

Also in at $75!  An amazing set, and worth $75 for the Logos tagging... but also available in PDF and TXT for free, so $75 is about my limit.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:32 PM

Brother Mark:
also available in PDF and TXT for free, so $75 is about my limit.

I think we'll see improvement in typos, formatting, and overall appearance by the by the time Logos is finished with it. The AGES version is quite old.

I think $100 is a very fair bid and I'd be glad to pay that (or a bit more) for this excellent resource if I didn't already have it. PDFs and TXT files don't excite me.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 887
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:51 PM

Mark Smith:
PDFs and TXT files don't excite me.

But a concerted effort by PBB adopters may be greatly excited to convert all 3.5k sermons vs. paying Logos to do it.... and even if not, there are sites that have all of his sermons indexed by topic and Scripture reference. Today.  Also for free.

I do agree that I'd prefer to have Spurgeon's sermons integrated in my library... but yeah, $75 is still about my personal limit given the online availability.... but that's just me and no reflection on your personal preferences intended. 

"I read dead people..."

Posts 60
Rev. Nannette La Fosse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:42 AM

Hi:

I have the Ages Collection for Spurgeon. Somehow I do not see the Librionix simbol in the CD case or in the CD. How do I know if mine will be run for free?

Thanks,

Nannette

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:04 PM

Mark Smith:

Its very nice they are offering to upgrade our older versions if it is produced. I encourage all in ministry to own this collection, so bid if you don't already have it. I paid about $100 for my set (IIRC) and feel it was more than worth that, so bid generously.

I had wondered about that (upgrading older versions) when I saw the CP email notice this morning. Thanks for sharing this news. $75 is very fair for this set.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:03 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
I have the Ages Collection for Spurgeon.

Nannette,

If you have Logos/Libronix and those volumes of Spurgeon are not in your Library then you probably have the .pdf versions AGES produced. The lack of any mention of Libronix/Logos on the CD suggests that is the case. In that event, no you will not be upgraded. You do not have a Logos product to upgrade.

Check it out; even try installing the software to see whether it references Logos/Libronix. If you have the .pdf version, now is your chance to bid on and perhaps obtain the Logos version.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2834
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:58 PM

Here's a little limerick for some fun (HT: Alistair Begg)-

There once was a preacher name Spurgey,

Who really hated liturgy,

But his sermons were fine;

I use them as mine.

And so do most of the clergy.

Cool

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 60
Rev. Nannette La Fosse | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:49 PM

Hi:

I found out that mine was in PDF, so I did the bid. Thanks.

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:26 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:

Hi:

I have the Ages Collection for Spurgeon. Somehow I do not see the Librionix simbol in the CD case or in the CD. How do I know if mine will be run for free?

Thanks,

Nannette

Ages sold two versions of Spurgeon's Sermons.  One was Libronix (Logos) and the othe was in PDF format.  The PDF format was cheaper.  Only the Logos / Libronix version will updated.  The PDF version is not a Logos product.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 3
Scott Sibert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2012 7:25 AM

Not sure when they did it but I checked today and they now have $25 and $50 bid options!

Page 1 of 7 (127 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS