Spurgeon's Sermons on CP

Page 3 of 7 (127 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 126 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 1:56 PM

Alexander Longacre:

I assume that this is replacing the prior "Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection"?

The clarify succinctly: The Charles Spurgeon Collection does not include his sermons, but everything else. The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection is replacing the an older collection of the same content; it includes only his sermons. Their content is not the same. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:35 PM

Dear Logos,

Now that you've promoted this pre-pub on the blog, and the price range people seem to be willing to pay is clearly in the $50-75 range, please rescale the bid range to allow for $5-10 gaps maxing out well below the ridiculous top price you originally set. This will encourage some $60-65 bids which might take this over he top sooner. We know you want to get his project done. Give some help, please.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:53 PM

Mark Smith:

Dear Logos,

Now that you've promoted this pre-pub on the blog, and the price range people seem to be willing to pay is clearly in the $50-75 range, please rescale the bid range to allow for $5-10 gaps maxing out well below the ridiculous top price you originally set. This will encourage some $60-65 bids which might take this over he top sooner. We know you want to get his project done. Give some help, please.

I agree. We need to allow folks to bid at lower price points between $50 and $75.  Personally, I think the current bid at $75 is too much, compared to the price of the available set.

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 5:19 PM

David L Bailey:
Personally, I think the current bid at $75 is too much, compared to the price of the available set.

Don't get me wrong… I hope it goes to $50 or less, but what "available set" are you referring to? Logos isn't selling this currently.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 10 2012 8:13 PM

Mark Smith:

Dear Logos,

+1 Yes for changing bid increments to $ 5

Looking at => http://www.logos.com/product/18436/the-complete-spurgeon-sermon-collection noticed $ 75 bidding has over 75 % progress while $ 100 bidding has less than 20 % progress.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2012 4:14 AM

This resource is creeping up towards the top end of the 60-80% band at $75.00. 

Hoping for some new bidders (or Logos "re-calculating" the production cost Surprise) to get this across the line!

Posts 888
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2012 3:00 PM

Paul Clarke:

This resource is creeping up towards the top end of the 60-80% band at $75.00. 

Hoping for some new bidders (or Logos "re-calculating" the production cost Surprise) to get this across the line!

*  I  *  CAN'T  *  WAIT  **  !!

"It was the standard practice of Charles Haddon Spurgeon to preach three times weekly - twice on Sunday, and once on Thursday evening - the Sunday morning sermon was usually selected for publication the following Thursday of that week. Price: one penny. These sermons were all taken in shorthand. It is estimated that over 100 million copies were sold by the year 1905. W. Robertson Nicoll wrote: "Spurgeon's sermons are invariably worth buying, and the man who has a set of them possesses a very good theological library.""  -- Quoted from http://www.apibs.org/chs.htm

"I read dead people..."

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:29 PM

Ok Folks,

After successfully getting Andrew Murray out of CP, this is the next most worthy "popular" pastor with a collection that we can get out of CP with little effort. New bids @ $50 and $75 will likely close this very useful collection next week. Bill S and all my friends from the Murray thread, please help get this into production! Smile

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:19 PM

Beloved:

Ok Folks,

After successfully getting Andrew Murray out of CP, this is the next most worthy "popular" pastor with a collection that we can get out of CP with little effort. New bids @ $50 and $75 will likely close this very useful collection next week. Bill S and all my friends from the Murray thread, please help get this into production! Smile

+1 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 20 2012 4:52 PM

Bump

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 557
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 20 2012 5:44 PM

Yes

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 2:28 AM

*BUMP*

It's nearly at 80% - please help get this collection out of CP and into production!

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:29 AM

Amazon is my go-to place for information on anything that I want to buy, so I naturally headed over there to see what the paper versions are going for.  It seems that you can get the 5 volume set for no less than $50 new (up to about $100), which of course would not get you tagging and the other benefits of Logos, so for me, $75 seems like a fair price that will realistically get it into development.  Count me as a $75 bidder!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:39 AM

Joseph Turner:

Amazon is my go-to place for information on anything that I want to buy, so I naturally headed over there to see what the paper versions are going for.  It seems that you can get the 5 volume set for no less than $50 new (up to about $100), which of course would not get you tagging and the other benefits of Logos, so for me, $75 seems like a fair price that will realistically get it into development.  Count me as a $75 bidder!

Yes

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:43 AM

5 vols. paper set that has ~250 sermons for $40 from Christianbook.com

versus

63 vols. electronic set that has ~3500 sermons for $75 from Logos.com (not to mention all the tagging, etc)

I don't think there is much of a comparison.  Wink

Posts 888
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:57 AM

Robert Wazlavek:
I don't think there is much of a comparison.  Wink

Agree with the sentiment Robert, AND that Spurgeon messages are also incomparable!

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 4 2012 3:24 AM

*BUMP*

This resource has just crossed the right side of the 80% threshold, it looks like it's nudging the mid-80s%.  Pleased to see there is still a little momentum that's getting this resource closer to production.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 6 2012 6:20 AM

Pleased to see this resource has got some more prominence/coverage at the top of the Community Pricing page, and that it is at around 90% of the way towards production.  Hopefully a few more orders will get it into production and, if Logos reduce the increments, we could each make a saving on $75.00 Yes

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2012 2:03 PM

Just a few more bidders needed folks to get this across the line.

Or, Logos kindly "recalculating" the production cost!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:20 AM

[At this risk of sounding like a broken record...]

*BUMP*

Hoping this will cross the line soon as it could take a little while to get this large resource to publication given Logos have said they are rebuilding this collection from the ground up.

Page 3 of 7 (127 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS