Spurgeon's Sermons on CP

Page 4 of 7 (127 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 126 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2858
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:26 AM

Doc B:
Exciting that this resource is to be made available.

I started this thread back in April, and I'm just as excited now as I was then.  Maybe a bit more, since it is looking like it will happen sooner rather than later.  Keep bidding, folks!

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 7:22 AM

So close to getting such an incredible resource for pennies of it's actual worth. Come on folks. Put your bids in!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 7:27 AM

logosfan:

So close to getting such an incredible resource for pennies of it's actual worth. Come on folks. Put your bids in!

Yes Yes Yes

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:43 AM

***Bump***

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 2:22 PM

Another bump.

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:49 AM

YesBig Smile

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:04 PM

Now that this is top of the CP progress field again, hoping this will cross the 100% line before it's overtaken by any other resources! 

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:37 PM

AMEN. It would be really nice to have it go over right away or not until after noon on Wednesday (noon PST, that is) so we'd have more time to see if it could get do to $50. (Oh, for the finer graduations in pricing we've been asking for.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 1:31 AM

Logos have decreased the bidding increments on this resource to $5.00:

It seems like there's a lot of bidders who have bid $70.00.  If they were willing to increase their bids to $75.00 there's a good chance this could cross the line soon.  If this was timed well, so that it crossed the line on a Thu/Fri/Sat, it would give almost a week to try and get the price down further for everyone. 

I suspect that given the assumed popularity of this resource (although the fact that it has languished near the top for so long might suggest otherwise...) this will be one of those resources that more people will jump on the band wagon as closing approaches to avoid missing out on it.  That's what I hope, at least. Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:08 AM

Paul Clarke:
It seems like there's a lot of bidders who have bid $70.00.

No, it seems like there are no bidders who've bid $70.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:19 AM

fgh:

Paul Clarke:
It seems like there's a lot of bidders who have bid $70.00.

No, it seems like there are no bidders who've bid $70.

My bad.  Anyone willing to increase from $50 then??? Stick out tongue

Posts 2353
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:06 PM

It looks like it is going to cross at $75.  I'd love to see it drop to $50, but that may be just wishful thinking.

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:49 PM

Ronald Quick:

It looks like it is going to cross at $75.  I'd love to see it drop to $50, but that may be just wishful thinking.

Could it be there are too many people like me, who own it already from the days when it was a joint venture with Ages Software and thereby get a free upgrade?

Posts 600
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:28 PM

For those of you on page 4, here is the link. Place your bid!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 1:09 AM

Ted Weis:

For those of you on page 4, here is the link. Place your bid!

Yes Yes Yes

I hope Logos "sharpen their pencil" and maybe look at recalculating the production cost since this product has been stalled very close to the point of crossing into production for many weeks.  #WishfulThinking

I think the fact that many established Logos users already have the older version of this software (and will thus be entitled to a new free upgrade to this) has meant it hasn't reached production more quickly.

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 8:55 AM

Paul Clark:

I think the fact that many established Logos users already have the older version of this software (and will thus be entitled to a new free upgrade to this) has meant it hasn't reached production more quickly.

There are over 86,000 Forum users. There are still many of them who'd benefit from this collection who haven't placed a bid.

In bygone days (as they say) sermon reading was a common Christian practice. In some small churches and chapels with no regular 'preacher' available, someone would read a sermon. Spurgeon was top choice for devotional reading or 'filling the pulpit' for years. Folk today would be blessed with his sermons. $75 is a steal (I started by buying them in print at about $30 a volume).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2339
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 12:57 PM

Mark Smith:
In bygone days (as they say) sermon reading was a common Christian practice.

Aptly put preacher!

YesYesYes

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2339
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2012 2:20 PM

You that are doing nothing for Jesus, be ashamed of yourselves, and ask Him to work in you that you may begin to work for Him.

-Charles H. Spurgeon

P.S. 

Praying for a flood of new bidders @ $50. Still any bid will bring in a fresh wind of God's Word from a soul who knew Him well.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 3:04 PM

*** BUMP ***

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:42 PM

This started back in april and it's still yet to end? 

I will bid but I want it to end soon. LOL How exactly does this work. We don't know the end date right? 

Page 4 of 7 (127 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS