Notes Question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:37 AM

I haven't used the notes function much in Logos 4, having in the past created many notes in a competing product. I now am in the process of trying to recreate them in Logos 4. I just added a note to Luke 19:45 in the KJV and it appears in my other bibles as well. However, in the KJV it is attached to the verse whereas in bibles with subheadungs like the ESV, NRSV, NASB, NIV, etc., the note is attached to the subheading. This happens regardless which bible I create a note in, if the note is for the 1st verse in a subheading it attaches it to the subheading unless you're in a bible that has none.

If the verse you add the note to is the second or later verse within a subheading it attaches to the verse as desired.

Am I making any sense? Am I doing something wrong? Any help woul;d be appreciated.

Michael

Posts 29737
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 8:42 AM

I think that the issue is related to which verse you attempt. For example: If verse 15 is the beginning of a new pericope (with a subheading in the translation), then the note indicator might float to the front of the subheading. If you were to put a note onto verse 16, I think that you would find that it stays at the front of the verse. 

If this is not true for you, could you post some screen shots?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 11:17 AM

That is what I am seeing. I didn't know if this was normal or not, Thanks for your quick reply.

Michael

Posts 29737
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 1:33 PM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
That is what I am seeing. I didn't know if this was normal or not

The reason this happens is because the headings are attached to the verse that follows. The note indicator just goes "to the front of the line" so to speak. It's kind of annoying, I know. Tongue Tied

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS