Logos 4 crashing when moving to next page (NASB95 configured to display in 2 columns)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 32
Pastor Johnny | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:04 PM

I having some challenges with Logos 4 the past couple of days.

Before this week, my system had a consistent hiccup that was nothing more than an inconvenience. Whenever I would download any new resources, the system would start indexing after the download and the indexer would stop working shortly there after. Consistently, I would simply stop the indexer, restart Logos 4, and everything would work fine. The system would start indexing and finish with no problems.

On Monday, that behavior changed. Once the new resources were downloaded Monday, the system would start indexing and I would proceed to go through the regular routine of restarting like I had become accustomed to. This time, the indexer would stop after running for a brief time every time and would never finish so yesterday afternoon, I issued the rebuild index command and the system went through the whole indexing process and seemed to finish with no problems.

Today, I am having a different problem. This has happened at least 3 (maybe 4) times today. My study layout includes a window with various Bibles - my default being the NASB(95). I have all the books in my layout set to open in 2 column format. Today, it seems that sometimes when I click the arrow to move to a new page, the system stops working. After having done this multiple times, I turned on logging and waited for it to die again.

The log file is attached.

Thank you for all your help!

5700.Logos4 - Hewett 04042012.log

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:31 PM

Johnny Hewett:
The log file is attached.

Were there any other log files generated with the same time stamp?

This log file (which appears to be a Logos4.log file) does not show a crash. The last entry is about syncing, and there are no warnings or errors in the log file.

It's hard to tell when the problem happened, or if the last event wasn't recorded.

Is your NASB(95) in a link set with other resources? If so, try disabling that and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, check out the other resources that were linked to it.

Another thing to try is to turn off syncing, or start Logos holding down the CTRL key, and disable "Use internet." If it works normally then, there could be an issue unrelated to the HASB(95) itself, like a corrupted highlight or note file.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3191
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 4:28 PM

Hi John:

When you say ". . .the system stops working." do you mean it crashes and you get the Windows message indicating you can send information to Microsoft, does the program just disappear, or does it "hang" and become not responsive, causing you to manually restart it? The logs you posted (as Richard probably noted) doesn't record a crash which is the cause for my questions regarding the program hanging. 

Thank you.

Posts 32
Pastor Johnny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 2:29 PM

It stops working and I get the Windows message asking if I want to send information to Microsoft.  I have had this same experience in the past week on both my laptop at my office (running Windows Vista) and on my desktop at home running Windows 7.  I would like to say that it most always dies when I click the arrow to move to the next page -- except that I remember changing my laptop last week so that the NASB did not display in columns and it died once while I had it in that mode.

So far this week, I have had no problems at all.

Posts 32
Pastor Johnny | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 2:02 PM

It crashed again today. Same symptoms. I have attached a log file -- although I looked through it and did not see anything that looked like an error. Again, it died and asked me if I wanted it to check for solutions and close the program. I just selected close the program.

Thanks,

Johnny4010.Logos4 - Hewett 04112012.log

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 3:27 PM

Johnny Hewett:

It crashed again today. Same symptoms. I have attached a log file -- although I looked through it and did not see anything that looked like an error. Again, it died and asked me if I wanted it to check for solutions and close the program. I just selected close the program.

Thanks,

Johnny4010.Logos4 - Hewett 04112012.log

You're right there is no error message. The log just stops.

Did you post the log before restarting Logos?

If you did, there may be another issue that's causing Logos to crash without generating a code about what's happening. That would be difficult for us to solve here, and may require tech support.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3191
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:13 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

You're right there is no error message. The log just stops.

Did you post the log before restarting Logos?

If you did, there may be another issue that's causing Logos to crash without generating a code about what's happening. That would be difficult for us to solve here, and may require tech support.

I agree with Richard. Whatever is going on is clearly not being logged in which case Windows' Event Viewer may be beneficial to look at. At this point I'm going to email you, Johnny. 

Thank you.

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:11 PM

I have this same problem that started within the last week or so on my laptop Windows 7.

I have been using my iPad2 so do not turn on my laptop everyday.

Did you reveive an answer on how to fix the indexing?

HP Laptop Win 7 | iPad 4 | iPhone 6 | L5 Platinum | Galaxy Mega 6.3

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS