Sophocles

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 5 2012 3:22 PM

Let’s push this thru, it’s been sitting a spell. Thanks.

http://www.logos.com/product/8513/e-a-sophocles-collection

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 3:27 PM

Yes, and I especially want the Greek Lexicon of the Roman and Byzantine Periods (from B.C. 146 to A.D. 1100)

This dictionary covers the Byzantine period, and will widely open the possibilities in meaning for New Testament words.

Here's what Fred Danker said about it:

[Sophocles'] labor of love, Greek Lexicon of the Roman and Byzantine Periods (from B.C. 146 to A.D. 1100) ... remains ... a useful index to Koine usage and contains data not to be had in LSJM and Bauer.

I also want his History of the Greek Alphabet and Pronunciation

Link:

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 6:16 AM

I would have to agree, I would think that others would want it as well.....

Posts 48
John Besse | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:21 AM

I'm in.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:52 AM

Thanks, John.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:16 PM

I can't understand why this is just sitting there. Here is someone who is GREEK and who comments on GREEK and people won't bid the $20? Let's push it through as Room4more has said. This would be a great buy!

Ergatees

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 8:19 AM

Ergatees:

I can't understand why this is just sitting there. Here is someone who is GREEK and who comments on GREEK and people won't bid the $20? Let's push it through as Room4more has said. This would be a great buy!

Ergatees

Agree. Thanks.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 10:13 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/8513/e-a-sophocles-collection

Ergatees drums fingers on table! Come on, guys and gals, let's push this through. Save 80%, that's sounds good. I told my wife that if I don't spend money, I can't save money. Now I want to let her know I just saved 80% on a purchase so she can think I'm really a sage. Cool

Push, push, push,

E.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 4:20 PM

Dean053:

Yes, and I especially want the Greek Lexicon of the Roman and Byzantine Periods (from B.C. 146 to A.D. 1100)

This dictionary covers the Byzantine period, and will widely open the possibilities in meaning for New Testament words.

Here's what Fred Danker said about it:

[Sophocles'] labor of love, Greek Lexicon of the Roman and Byzantine Periods (from B.C. 146 to A.D. 1100) ... remains ... a useful index to Koine usage and contains data not to be had in LSJM and Bauer.

I also want his History of the Greek Alphabet and Pronunciation

Link:

Peace to all!         *smile*

I have been so privileged as to have had Fred Danker as my Professor -- sometime around 1959-1960!  Concordia Lutheran Seminary, St. Louis.  Because of his red hair, we students sometimes called him "red Fred" over against his brother Bill who was also one of our Professors at that time and had been a Pastor/Professor/Missionary to Japan and we referred to him as "Black Bill."  Professor Fred Danker's advice has outlived this wonderful and dedicated Christian Professor!   Am looking forward to the Sophocles Collection for my Library.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:20 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
        I have been so privileged as to have had Fred Danker as my Professor -- sometime around 1959-1960!  Concordia Lutheran Seminary, St. Louis.  Because of his red hair, we students sometimes called him "red Fred" over against his brother Bill who was also one of our Professors at that time and had been a Pastor/Professor/Missionary to Japan and we referred to him as "Black Bill."  Professor Fred Danker's advice has outlived this wonderful and dedicated Christian Professor!   Am looking forward to the Sophocles Collection for my Library.

Thanks for sharing that personal connection. It makes the resource feel even more real.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:25 PM

Considering that only the name "Sophocles" was used as well as the fact that many of the Loeb Classical Library titles have been offered in CP which are also in the Perseus collection, I was first inclined to think of the playwrite Sophocles who hasn't yet appeared in CP.  There is really only one work in the Sophocles collection which is of particular interest to me—the lexicon of Byzantine Greek.  I'll take the entire collection on CP just to get that.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:35 AM

Big Smile

Much appreciated information. Yes, to all the others are saying. Thanks a lot.

Ergatees

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 1:19 PM

Sophocles Greek Dictionary.

I just checked this offering. (12/13/2013)

It is sooo close! Can a few people give this a little bump and it will go over the top!

Ergatees

Posts 150
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 2:20 PM

Ergatees:

It is sooo close! Can a few people give this a little bump and it will go over the top!

Ergatees

Yes I'm in!  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  So easy to miss things, with so many interesting titles on CP and Pre-pub!

Darcy

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 7:49 AM

Darcy S. Van Horn:

Ergatees:

Ergatees

Yes I'm in!  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  So easy to miss things, with so many interesting titles on CP and Pre-pub!

Darcy

hi, Folks,

Hope your celebrations were merry and bright! Watching the Sophocles Collection sitting at the line. It should go over the top with just a small push.

Sorry to harp on the same thing, but it seems it would be a valuable addition to a library for all students of Greek and background to the New Testament. Let's get it over the top to end the year!

Ergatees

Posts 1957
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 8:03 AM

I have been in on this one a long time.

It seems with many of the CPs, patience is a virtue.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS