Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 145
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:25 AM

I know that L4 philosophy is "we do all the computer work" you just read what magically appears on the screen, and I know that us Geeks are being asked to sit back a little,

but could L4 have several alternative skins?

The skins would of course change all colours on the screen, and perhaps a few other things, so everything stills look OK.

I would love a skin that enabled Greek and Hebrew text to be coloured (there I go again looking back to L3!)

But I would still like to experiment with a few other colours.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:46 PM

You might want to check this thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3972/30624.aspx#30624

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1159
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 7:44 PM

StephenMiller02:
I would love a skin that enabled Greek and Hebrew text to be coloured (there I go again looking back to L3!)

Are you asking about skinning the application (what we call the "chrome") or the text? Because you can color text via Visual Filters, on the File menu.

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 1:48 AM

Bob Pritchett:
or the text? Because you can color text via Visual Filters, on the File menu.

Bob,

If I could chime in here....I think he means to color the Greek or hebrew text a different color than English (and different than transliterated text) to keep it visually separated in a densely packed resource; the Lexham Greek English bible for example.

I used to do this in V3 via the keylinking text color control....

I'd love to be able to do this...I have bad eyes Big Smile and some things get a little cluttered for me.

if that's not what he's asking....sorry for butting in...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 145
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:09 AM

Thanks for the replies and comments.

In L3 I set up as many keylink text types with different colours. Hebrew was brown, Greek green, Latin grey, Aramaic lt brown etc.

In L4 there are some colours already coded and the look is good, if subdued.

I am guessing the L4 philosophy is that we should not  be fiddling with the colours as much as in L3.

However, in some other progs skins are available which give alternative colour schemes. Skins don't allow individual colour choices.

I suggest that some skin options have colours for Greek, Hebrew etc if we so choose.

Bob, I don't think the file / visual filter is what I am looking for.

Stephen

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS