Where can I find the glossary for the rule of dynamic, rule-based collections?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:48 AM

Hi,

You know? like those type, title.....I can only get a glimpse of them on the video

Blessings,

Scott

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:57 AM

If you open your library in a tab (Right click ->open in new tab), you can see the column type title author etc at the top. Right clicking there enables you to customise what information is displayed; this are the same values you can use when creating rules for collections...

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:09 AM

You can use the information you see in the list of your resources in the Library plus some more. Usually I experiment till I see the desired list of books. Subjects are the most "creative" ones, since there is a lot of information in there about the resources. See the picture for example columns:

One example of my collections:  I call it "Regular books" and the syntax is as follows:

type:monograph ANDNOT (series:("Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha", "Early Church Fathers"), (subject:apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, grammar, language, encyclopedias, hymns))

Bohuslav

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:23 AM

wow....thanks guys. Let me take a look at it and try. I guess there hasn't been an article on this yet......

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS