Notes are missing from Logos Content but exist in Notes File

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:06 AM

I have been creating an extensive Personal Commentary on the Book of Hebrews - whereby I make a Note per each verse. I right-click on the verse - select Reference - Add Note to Hebrews Notes - create the note. I see the Yellow Indicator next to the selected verse. I have another pane open with my actual Hebrew Notes file. The problem seems to be a synchronization issue - as I can see my notes in the file - but the links to the actual verses are not synchronized. See screenshot attached for details. Comments/suggestions???

Posts 25223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:11 AM

Hi Mike

From your screenshot you are not seeing the notes indicators in the NLT - is that the issue?

You should have a Visual Filter (in the Notes section) called "Hebrews Notes".

Can you see this in the Visual Filter list and is it checked?

Graham

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:19 AM

Graham - it's not just with NLT - the Notes indicators are missing from any resource - whether it be a Bible Text, Commentary etc. Additionally - I'm not sure how to set up the Visual Filter - it seems like that may not be the issue as I can see some of my notes - just not all of them???

Posts 25223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:29 AM

Hi Mike

Mike Strawn:
Additionally - I'm not sure how to set up the Visual Filter

Its not that you need to create the visual filter - you need to ensure it is enabled. http://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Filter shows you how to do this (for Windows but the same principles apply on Mac)

Mike Strawn:
it seems like that may not be the issue as I can see some of my notes - just not all of them

If you can see some notes from your notes file and can't see some others then, as you suggest, the visual filter setting is not the issue.

Outside of that I'm afraid I don't have any ideas about this!

Graham

Posts 29809
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:48 AM

Mike - Just to make sure we are on the same page… In the screen shot below, you must make sure you check "reference," rather than "selection." It sounds like you might have done that, but this is the most common reason for your problem. Even if you think you did, it is worth creating another to try. The second reason could be the visual filter (as Graham referenced). Look just to the right of the reference locator field in your NLT. You will see three colored, intersecting circles. That is your visual filter button. Press it, and look for a checkbox with "hebrew notes" to make sure it is checked.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:59 PM

Thank you my brother for the input - I do have Reference selected (learned that the hard way) and the Visual Filter for Hebrews Notes is checked. It's kinda weird - some notes show up - others don't What's even stranger is - they were there at the time I created them. Beta-Bug possibly??? I'm a bit tentative now to keep populating the Notes file - knowing that some may disappear.

Thanks again,

-Mike

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 1:07 PM

Mike Strawn:
It's kinda weird - some notes show up - others don't

Wonder about clicking three circles, then uncheck Note file(s), let resource display refresh, then check Note file(s) to see if more indicators appear.

Personally have experienced some visual filter display surprises using Logos Greek Morphology visual filters (imperatives lacking "on fire" emphasis), which can be refreshed by turning visual filter off, then on.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3191
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 3:57 PM

Mike Strawn:

Thank you my brother for the input - I do have Reference selected (learned that the hard way) and the Visual Filter for Hebrews Notes is checked. It's kinda weird - some notes show up - others don't What's even stranger is - they were there at the time I created them. Beta-Bug possibly??? I'm a bit tentative now to keep populating the Notes file - knowing that some may disappear.

Thanks again,

-Mike

Are you on the Beta? 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS