Logos 4 On Both My Computers Possible?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1112
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:56 AM

My main computer is a Intel i5 notebook with 6GB Ram, but its 8 pounds so i want to get a netbook running around.

I am thinking of a Asus Netbook 12" screen with 2GB Ram with Max 4GB Ram.

What happens about the License and running it on two computers?

Is the License for only one computer at a time?

Thank You Lee

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 10:02 AM

Bob address’ this here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/341/3265.aspx#3265

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 25209
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 10:02 AM

Hi Lee - and welcome to the forums.

From a licence perspective you are fine. The way Logos licences their products is on a per-user basis. Once you have a licence you can access your resources from any machine you like - and as many as you like. But they are for your personal use - not group use.

You will probably hit some performance issues on the Netbook if you try and do anything complicated. Others - who participate in these forums - use Netbooks so may well be able to comment on that.

Hope this helps

Graham

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 10:44 AM

Lee Garrison:
What happens about the License and running it on two computers?

Welcome Big Smile

Running Logos 4 on two (or more) computers for your use is fine.  Caveat: having two (or more) open to same items (e.g. Library prioritization) can cause some sync surprises (been there, done that, ...)  Personally have Logos 4 installed on three computers for my concurrent use (typically use two every day).

Lee Garrison:

My main computer is a Intel i5 notebook with 6GB Ram, but its 8 pounds so i want to get a netbook running around.

For lightweight, may want to consider an ultrabook, thread => Window 8 and Logos 4?

Netbooks tend to be a bit underpowered so some Logos 4 items take a long time: e.g. potentially days to index (so using wiki steps => Quick Installation onto multiple computers may be helpful, recommend using same user name on both computers so path to Logos resource files is identical).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7
Mark Runge | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:02 AM

Lee,

I agree with the comments above - found it too big a risk to go down the netbook route, particularly when the Android and OS versions are doing quite well.

I would suggest that you consider a tablet in your preferred "flavour" IF the books you want to use are available on the tablet version, otherwise you will probably need to make sure the netbook is powerful!

Mark

Posts 1112
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:43 AM

Thank You to everyone for the good information. Part of the problem is that also I am in Kyrgyzstan. The resources are not the best here. If I get the netbook it will have a 1.8Ghz atom 4 GB Ram 500GB harddrive windows 7, 32 bit.   

For me the android & tablets would not be a choice for my taste.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1112
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 4:14 AM

Well I have changed my mind again, My son said I may want to look at a few other computers. So I did a last minute review and chose the ASUS U31SD-AH31 it has 13.3" screen, the i3 2.2GHz processor 8GB Ram 500GB harddrive. Windows 7 64bit.

This should be good stroage and power. with the bonus of about 10 hour battery, the one real short coming may be the screen size because I will be going from a 17" at home to a 13" for the portable.

Posts 1112
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:34 PM

I just wanted to add a quick update on the 2nd computer.

I now have the ASUS U31SD-AH31 it has 13.3" screen, the i3 2.2GHz processor 8GB Ram 500GB harddrive. Windows 7 64bit.

At first I was looking at using this as a second computer but it is out proforming the main computer, so i uninstalled logos on the old computer and gave it to my son.

I am just so happy with the ASUS notebook. even though it has a i3 processor it is running Logos with five bibles, four commentary, the passage guide, exegetical guide, and a search window all open. I also use iexplorer, MS Word, and a PDF Reader most of the time.

The other notebook a (HP Dv7-4087 cl) was running hot and turning off at somepoints when i only had Logos alone running. With the new ASUS I no longer have the computer running hot problem either

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS