Logos 4 crash on startup

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 32
Daniel Spencer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 18 2012 11:29 AM

One of the pastors I support is experiencing a crash on startup. I've tried looking up the error on Google and in the forums and couldn't find a match, either by error ID or the error message I'm receiving.

Error ID: 2711

Error detail: TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Documents.Code.CodeDocument' threw an exception.

Any help would be much appreciated before I do a full reinstall! Thanks.. :)

Log files: 7026.Logos4.zip

Thank you!

Daniel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:26 PM

Welcome Big Smile

Looking at Logos4IndexerCrash.txt, noticed error message: "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)", which has a recent response from Logos Technical Support => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/48449/360056.aspx#360056

Daniel Spencer:

Any help would be much appreciated before I do a full reinstall! Thanks.. :)

One idea is uninstall Logos 4, then check hard disk for errors and fix the disk errors (or replace hard drive) before installing Logos 4 (again).

Since using stable Logos 4 release, other option is contacting Logos => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 32
Daniel Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:36 PM

Thank you for looking into this. I didn't notice that error... thanks for being more diligent than me. :) I just looked at the main error on top and had no luck finding results based on that...

Anyway, that sounds probable. It is an old laptop. I haven't heard of there being other issues but I bet that's exactly it.

Do you get paid for this? I really think you should.. you seem to handle more Logos issues than the staff! :) Thanks again.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:53 PM

Daniel Spencer:
Anyway, that sounds probable. It is an old laptop. I haven't heard of there being other issues but I bet that's exactly it.

Disk error(s) could easily cause an unexpected external component error.  Note: initially was wondering about folder permissions until saw the disk error message.  At this point, checking (fixing) disk errors seems prudent, then try installing Logos 4 again.  If crash repeats, can post new set of logs.

Daniel Spencer:
Do you get paid for this? I really think you should.. you seem to handle more Logos issues than the staff! :) Thanks again.

Red star for MVP = Many Volunteer Posts (praying for honest work that glorifies God).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS