Tim Keller Sermon Transcripts on Prepub

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 76
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:37 AM

Taxee:
The fairest thing to do would be to charge pro rata as the transcripts are released.

True, but that would be a huge pain for Logos and not worth their time and energy. It would never happen.

It would at least be nice to have some sort of a timeline. Is it going to take 2 months, 8 months, 2 years? That could potentially influence my decision. 

Helping people find seminary scholarships and church jobs.

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:21 AM

Taxee:
The fairest thing to do would be to charge pro rata as the transcripts are released.

I also agree with this. Such an arrangement would not be absolutely without precedent, the EEC springs to mind (although I appreciate there are distinctions in terms of magnitude).

Posts 3
Co Bumble Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 9:13 AM

Brother, have you heard Tim Keller's sermon?  I think his sermons are very worthwhile :-)

By the way, are you Chinese or Vietnamese?

Posts 4
Mark Wood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 6:40 PM

I've got transforming mission by Heibert on pre-order from 2010, grrr.

I'm looking forward to Kellers' sermons but also very frustrated that under libronix you could search Piper's messages by scripture reference but this was lost in logos- one of the most useful aspects.  While you can search on the discovering God website it defeats the purpose of having it in logos.  I hope this feature will be a part of Keller's sermons.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:12 PM

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums.

It's not automatic, but you can set up Logos to search Piper's sermons by Scripture reference. I have attached a screen shot to show how they appear when I type in a passage.

The key is that you need to make some kind of custom collection that contains his sermons. I happened to have made one that contains all of my resources that are sermon manuscript collections. [You'll have to do the same with Keller's sermons.]

After I made that collection, I created a custom Passage Guide that includes my Sermon Collection (screenshot also below).

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS