Me again! Stuck at 99%

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10
Brad Hicks | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 24 2012 6:53 PM

So I left for work and left my computer on to continue downloading the newest version.  I get back hours later and it is stuck at 99%.

Any suggestions?  I understand it can take several hours, but it has been close to 7 hours probably....I'm not sure how long it has been at 99% though because I've been at work.

It says Downloading resources... 99% of 5.79GB.

Posts 29381
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:01 PM

Sometimes this happens during the initial download. If you think it is really stuck, you could restart your computer. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Brad Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:08 PM

oh no...does it mean I'll have to re download it all over again?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:15 PM

Brad Hicks:

oh no...does it mean I'll have to re download it all over again?

Restarting Mac (or Logos 4 Mac) should cause last resource to be downloaded again.

Initially. Logos 4 Indexer will show indexing, which should be interrupted to download one resource file, then may have a dialog box appear about resources to install: if appears, then click "OK" to restart Logos 4 Mac.

Caveat: indexing library will take hours.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10
Brad Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:22 PM

ok, I just restarted and instead of showing 99% it just went right into "Preparing your library This may take a while..."

Soooo....I guess it downloaded the rest of the 1%?

Posts 10
Brad Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:35 PM

Well, it finished doing what it was doing, and the Logos screen came up.  Great!  Then all of a sudden, when I search a topic, it comes up with no results.

What could be causing that?  Did it not index anything?  It said preparing your library...so if that's not indexing, how do I get it to index manually?

Posts 10
Brad Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:39 PM

wow, ok, sorry for all the posts.  I'm good.  It's showing me a message about it indexing.

We're good now.  Thanks so much for all the help.

Posts 29381
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:47 PM

Brad - you should note that the indexing, especially on mac, can be the longer process. Plan to leave your computer on overnight. Do your best not to interrupt this process!

Posts 10
Brad Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:54 PM

definitely won't, I'm just ready to use it!  At least it will be ready tomorrow.  This program is going to be awesome for my classes.

Thanks!

Posts 29381
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:22 PM

Brad - I know that money is tight in school… Just to let you know, Logos has a good academic pricing program. You should take advantage of it, as well as special sales that happen throughout the year.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:46 PM

Brad Hicks:

ok, I just restarted and instead of showing 99% it just went right into "Preparing your library This may take a while..."

Soooo....I guess it downloaded the rest of the 1%?

The only way to know for certain is diagnostic logging; suspect remainder to download is smaller than 0.02 % (my Logos library has 18 resources with an individual file size over 100 MB so suspect remaining file to download is small compared to 5.79 GB)

At this point, periodically checking Blue Logos icon status is an idea. Also may want to check Energy Saver settings so computer does not go to sleep while indexing (OK for display to sleep).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS