FYI Suggestions when asked for a sample of resource

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 28 2012 6:42 PM

Dear Fellow Logos Users,

Often we are asked to post portions of say articles from a dictionary or encyclopedia so people can get a flavor of a resource. This aides them in purchasing decisions. In some cases they can be very long. If you have a free Evernote account we are able to share a link to a note (the person clicking the link does not gain access to any of your account, notes act.) merely the specific note. This would allow users to share the info requested, but not clutter the forum itself with long posts.

You can see a recent example of this here.

I have used this ability to share notes on Facebook and Twitter and it works very well in posting longer info on Facebook. I thought it might also be useful on the Logos Forums.

Blessings in Christ,

Philana 

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:53 PM

That's a great idea! I have an Evernote account. Another benefit of this method of sharing is that the general public will not be able to find it in a Google search (unless they happen to find the Logos forum first and follow the link from there; but still it's more protected than if it were just out there anywhere on the open web, which I'm sure the copyright holders would appreciate; for helping someone make a purchase decision, it seems like a "fair use" usage, but no need to publicize it more widely than necessary).

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:27 PM

I agree Rosie. I've used it to share stuff on Facebook. Recently a series of books on church planting from Zondervan (Exponential, not on Logos/Vyrso) was on sale until the end of April. I thought some of my friends would be interested so I gathered the descriptions and purchase links. I was able to share it on Facebook. It was very easy and it allows for sharing large selections of text. I think this would help in not having large forums cluttered with samples. The samples are helpful, but this way those who are interested can read them, and those who want to can scan a specific thread.

Posts 1366
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 5:00 AM

My preferred method of sharing is Dropbox. 2 Gb for free, it syncs between all your computers, and it shares with whomever you like.

http://db.tt/fcvkxzT

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS