Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Allan Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 29 2012 3:22 AM

I have the X version which I had to remove from my computer, after re-installing it I upgraded to Logos 3 however now there are a number of unlocked resources that will not load onto my hard drive.  When I open the Location Manager it says that all resources have been downloaded but when try to open some it says they not there.

Can anyone help overcome this problem please.

Allan

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 7:27 AM

I've had that problem, even when I had the licenses backed up with a restore.

The solution for me was to go to TOOLS > OPTIONS and then click  RESOURCE PATHS in the left tabs.

(1) Make sure the path listed is where your resources are located. If there's no path listed, just to be on the safe side, put in your path. If you're in XP, it's typically c:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources. If you're on Windows7, it's typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources

(2) Then click on 'Refresh Resources' and then re-start Libronix. Effectively this clears your library buffer (memory), and then causes Libronix to re-search the disk at the location you listed.

But while we're on the subject of upgrading, you could also upgrade to Logos4. It's free, works with your older software and has new features. It's more computer intensive however. If you wish, we can help you on that too.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3
Allan Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 1:45 PM

Thank you so much for that information I did what you said and it worked, Thanks again and i will download logos4. Thanks again Allan

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 2:27 PM

That's great!

To help you on your way, for upgrading from Libronix:
http://wiki.logos.com/Upgrading_from_LDLS3

If you do install Logos4, make sure you kind of let it do its thing in the first few hours (if you have a lot resources). It indexes everything, etc.

And Logos4 is pretty powerful so you're VERY likely to want some type of manual plus videos:
http://wiki.logos.com/

Plus remember you can use your Libronix AND Logos4 at the same time. That's what I do and they never got into an argument either.

Good luck!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:38 PM

DMB:
And Logos4 is pretty powerful so you're VERY likely to want some type of manual plus videos:
http://wiki.logos.com/

Suggest => Getting Started with Logos that has Tips plus links, including video tutorials.

DMB:

Plus remember you can use your Libronix AND Logos4 at the same time. That's what I do and they never got into an argument either.

Logos 4 has been released early and often so may encounter something odd from time to time; for issue(s) on Windows, can discuss in => Logos 4 Windows forum (stable release) or => PC Beta forum (beta release).  Thankful for many Logos 4 improvements.  My personal favorite feature in Logos 4 is visual filter highlighting using Logos Greek Morphological tagging; wiki Extended Tips for Visual Filters has => Examples of visual filters with five Logos Greek Morphology visual filters, which can be used in English and Greek resources (that have appropriate tagging).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS