Adding note highlights to Bible on new computer

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Allen Dearing | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:10 AM

I have redone my desktop computer with new mother board and much more.  I have been adding notes in the interim to the KJV Bible - thousands of them attached to individual words (actually transfering them out of Quick Verse by copying and pasting 30 years of notes as a pastor).  They are attached to individual words, verses and sometimes whole chapters or books.  The notes themselves transfered to the new Logos on the Desktop through the cloud but the highlights - showing which word-verse-etc has a note attached to it did not transfer.  Thus the only way I can see if I have a note is to page down in the Note File until I get to where the note should be and then see if one is there - very time consuming where on my Lap Top (where they were originally typed) I have a highlight and can hover over it and see the note appear.  Is there any way to get the highlights to appear in the new install????

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:23 AM

Hi Allen

It sounds as though you might not have the appropriate notesfile "checked" against the Bible you are reading.

http://wiki.logos.com/Notes#Why_are_my_notes_are_not_showing_in_my_Bible.3f explains what you should be looking for.

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.

Graham

Posts 28
Allen Dearing | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:08 PM

Actually I found the problem by accident - The notes were done on the laptop in the NEW KJV and I was looking for them in the KJV.  I had tried the NEW KJV, but had it on a section of scripture that had no notes added.  When switched to an area wihere there were notes, BINGO there are the highlights.  Sorry for the hassle.

Allen

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:17 PM

No problem - glad you have it working

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS