No base package

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Judith E. Reese | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:17 PM

I have just downloaded the 4 engine and installed it and it looks interesting. Seems to have found all my resources.

My question is about 'upgrading base packages.' My 'base' package is the original MacArthur Lifeworks Library which I purchased probably 10 years or more ago. It ran in the old (and pitiful!) Logos 2 software, which I gave up on for a while until I  eventually found and upgraded to Libronix. Over the years I have added a number of individually purchased resources.

So I have no 'base' package to upgrade. I don't see any resources in the 'minimal crossgrade' that I necessarily need and there are duplications to what I already have in other packages.

Just wondering which upgrade would best fit with what I have and what am I missing if I don't purchase any upgrades?

Thanks.

Judy

Posts 2521
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:54 PM

It all depends what resources fit your specific needs.  One of my criteria was to have all the writings of the early church fathers so I went with a package that contained them.  I would compare the different packages to see which one is best for you.

http://www.logos.com/comparison

I would also call customer service to see what kind of deal they can give you.  Jim-Ray Higginson is the rep I have been working with for over 2 years now and he has always treated me well.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Posts 40
Jim R. Keener | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:37 AM

Hi Judy,

Could you tell me where you found the download for the 4 engine?

Thank you,

Jim

Jim R. Keener

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:13 AM

JimRKeener:

Could you tell me where you found the download for the 4 engine?

Jim

Jim,

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

be sure to also visit wiki.logos.com too, it's a pretty helpful place.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:20 AM

RonaldQuick:
I would also call customer service to see what kind of deal they can give you. 
I just want to repeat this.  If you have duplicate resources that are in a base package talk to a live person - they'll help.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2
Judith E. Reese | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 8:29 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to look a little more closely at the crossgrade as well as the Home Library and see how much duplication there is and what they would add to what I've got and then go from there.

Judy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS