A Few Quick Logos 4 Questions

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 112
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:46 PM

I just got Logos 4 Platinum the other day and have already learned a ton.  What a great software.  I love the automatic footnotes.  My three quick dumb questions are.......

1. With the footnotes and citations, is there a way to get the page number to show up?
  2. When copying the pictures is there not the ability to provide the reference for that?
  3. Finally if you copy the scripture and paste it over it doesn't paste the scripture reference along with it...Is this possible?

Thank you all for helping a new user out. 

Chad

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 8:40 PM

Chad M. Foster:
With the footnotes and citations, is there a way to get the page number to show up?

Many resources were compiled without page numbers. Those will not provide page numbers when pasted.

The way to find out is to click on the little three circle icon on the resource bar and see if you can display page numbers, or click in the locator box and see if page number appears in the drop down list. Those that display page number should show it in a footnote.

Chad M. Foster:
When copying the pictures is there not the ability to provide the reference for that?

I don't know of a way to force this.

Chad M. Foster:
Finally if you copy the scripture and paste it over it doesn't paste the scripture reference along with it...Is this possible?

If you use Copy Bible Verses from the Tools menu you have a number of formatting options. Check them out.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 9:00 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Those that display page number should show it in a footnote.

With a bit of further testing I note some resources that have page numbers will include them in footnotes and not others. There is no way to force them to show up as far as I know. (This was an issue raised in 3.0 as well).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4
Suzanne Zampella | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:56 AM

I'm looking for an answer to your #3.  In Logos 3 if I cut and pasted scripture, it included the passage reference.  In Logos 4 it does not.  I'm trying to figure out why.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS